New video from band I mixed

Aug 16, 2008
London, UK
fb.com
The video for the girl band I mixed a couple of months ago has just been released, it's actually pretty cool, mixed by me btw.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds pretty cool, was this a lot of editing or are they actually solid? Would be fun to see live.

Definitely want to nail all of them, too.

USC shirt for the fucking loss, though - can't believe that shit's spread to the UK!

Sounds pretty cool, was this a lot of editing or are they actually solid? Would be fun to see live.

Definitely want to nail all of them, too.

USC shirt for the fucking loss, though - can't believe that shit's spread to the UK!

Drums are the usual, guitars and bass have zero edits apart from silence edits, we just pushed them to perform as tight as possible, vocals also have zero pitch correction, nothing at all, wanted to keep it all natural as she has a killer voice!

I don't even know what USC is lool, is it some kind of university in the states? lol

Thanks for appreciation Ermz :)

Drums are the usual, guitars and bass have zero edits apart from silence edits, we just pushed them to perform as tight as possible, vocals also have zero pitch correction, nothing at all, wanted to keep it all natural as she has a killer voice!

I don't even know what USC is lool, is it some kind of university in the states? lol

Nice dude, good to hear!

Yeah, USC is a college in the LA area - University of Southern California, or Univ Second Choice, Univ Spoiled Children, etc. It's usually just douchebags and skanky fake blondes who go there, value sports more than education, daddy pays for everything, etc. Sweeping generalizations, but anyone who isn't a Trojan fan will agree with me when I say that USC Trojan fans are basically THE single most annoying sports fans on the planet.

Really impressed that there's no AT on those vox. It does shine through on some notes here and there, particularly when the unisons are out with each other, but other than that I would've sworn there was some tuning going on! Nice, and congrats again, haha.

Really impressed that there's no AT on those vox. It does shine through on some notes here and there, particularly when the unisons are out with each other, but other than that I would've sworn there was some tuning going on! Nice, and congrats again, haha.

I was going to post that the vocals sounded quite unnatural.. maybe it's the chorus that I'm hearing.

Mix sounds good. Perhaps a bit too 'hifi' or Slatey (not that you used Slate samples, but it's got that Slate aesthetic with the hyped upper mids), but that's just taste really.

Yeah, these girls had no previous studio experience, I was really amazed with her abilities, on the unisons/double vocals she just nailed them take after take, pretty rare considering their age and experience. Thanks again for the compliments!! :)

I was going to post that the vocals sounded quite unnatural.. maybe it's the chorus that I'm hearing.

Mix sounds good. Perhaps a bit too 'hifi' or Slatey (not that you used Slate samples, but it's got that Slate aesthetic with the hyped upper mids), but that's just taste really.

There is Slate there, not all of it though, but snare for example is like 5 slate snares blended (each one processed individually) as I do like Slate samples, I just find the individual ones to be pretty "generic" sounding so I always use them for blends