New Vids of the ENGL booth NAMM show

Jun 26, 2004
Hey Everyone,

here are some vids I took the last day at NAMM, I think you can tell it's the last day because everyone wants to get the heck out of there. A warning, the audio sucks because the NAMM show is so damn noisy (but hell I was only adding to it). Let me know what you guys think.

Take care, Chris.

http://video.yahoo.com/video/play?vid=dd6360e4dbe746114f40555239ec4150.1846096

http://video.yahoo.com/video/play?vid=dd6360e4dbe746114f40555239ec4150.1846184

http://video.yahoo.com/video/play?vid=dd6360e4dbe746114f40555239ec4150.1846139

http://video.yahoo.com/video/play?vid=dd6360e4dbe746114f40555239ec4150.1846112

Oh man. Another example of your phrasing being my favourite of any guitarist atm. It's pretty much what I want my phrasing to be, and what I'm trying to get out of my playing atm.

What Engl were you playing through? Have you tried the new Invader? It looks quite interesting, I'd love to know what people who have tried it think.

Keep the vids comnig dude. Cheers for those!

Daniel

Thanks All,

I think when I recorded the vids I was playing the ENGL SE, But the Invader is cool as well, but both take a long time to tweek to get your sound (so many options).

Chris.

Haha yeah, I've noticed that Engl like to make amps with many options. It's what i liek about them though. You can buy the one amp and it'll get you through more than just one style.

woah, you have to re-record the classical tapping things!!! looks great so far ;) haha, just kidding, i have a guess what it sounds like..
one question:
how do you work on those.. do you have notes and transcribe it for 2 hand tapping, or are there other ways to adapt those classical pieces the way you do?

cheerz keep on ruling!!!
nicco

woah, you have to re-record the classical tapping things!!! looks great so far ;) haha, just kidding, i have a guess what it sounds like..
one question:
how do you work on those.. do you have notes and transcribe it for 2 hand tapping, or are there other ways to adapt those classical pieces the way you do?

cheerz keep on ruling!!!
nicco

It's all about reading standard music notation. For example, the Mozart was transcribed for two violins and I just put one in each hand. This Bach is his Ami 13th invention for piano so I first transposed it up an oct and then kept the bass in the right hand and the treble in the left (for the most part). I will be re-recording this piece again.

Chris

Chris.

Wow! All very cool stuff Chris! The strange thing is - I literally was just searching online a day or two ago to see if any vids had popped up from your NAMM appearances and once again you deliver some "scary" pieces. Hey, you're accumulating alot of video segments - could an instructional DVD be not too far off ( I know you have a full schedule - but ya know I'm gonna keep on ya. ha! ).

It's all about reading standard music notation. For example, the Mozart was transcribed for two violins and I just put one in each hand. This Bach is his Ami 13th invention for piano so I first transposed it up an oct and then kept the bass in the right hand and the treble in the left (for the most part). I will be re-recording this piece again.

Chris

Chris.

Awesome work! :headbang: Being able to read standard notation can be very handy...

Wow! All very cool stuff Chris! The strange thing is - I literally was just searching online a day or two ago to see if any vids had popped up from your NAMM appearances and once again you deliver some "scary" pieces. Hey, you're accumulating alot of video segments - could an instructional DVD be not too far off ( I know you have a full schedule - but ya know I'm gonna keep on ya. ha! ).

That would be awesome!!!

Chris, I noticed you've got the thumb pick going. I take it you've adapted well to it? Would you recommend switching to one?

Chris, I noticed you've got the thumb pick going. I take it you've adapted well to it? Would you recommend switching to one?

I'm still not totally sold. It makes sense but is still a pain to pick with.

Soon I think I will commit.
Chris.

Chris,

Was that your Bareknuckle-loaded 1527 that you were playing that through? Have you ever tried playing through the Engl e570 SE preamp and a power amp?

Also, what's your thought on the SE you were playing vs. your Powerball at home?

Thanks,
Jeff

Chris,

Was that your Bareknuckle-loaded 1527 that you were playing that through? Have you ever tried playing through the Engl e570 SE preamp and a power amp?

Also, what's your thought on the SE you were playing vs. your Powerball at home?

Thanks,
Jeff

Hey Jeff,
I am using the Nailbomb and cold sweat pick ups. As for the preamp I did play it and it sounded very good, but I still prefer heads. The SE Has a ton more options to it, I love the Powerball but the SE does every style of music well.

Chris.

Hey Chris,

My biggest question is how did you develop your two-handed independence for those complex two hand peices? It seems like managing something like that would fry my brain. Do you think your piano experience helped?

Thanks,
Steve