New Vio-lence Album!!!

No thread deserves zero answers, hence this off-topic reply.

It has come to my attention that there is a pretty new (about one year old) record store in Oslo, NESEBLOD RECORDS, that's got a selection that is simply not of this world. Erik, this is where to go when you're visiting Oslo in June. I'm probably heading for that very store shortly after Christmas.

Check out:

http://www.forumnoir.com/~frostriket/artikler/neseblod.htm

http://www.allinblackzine.com/nyheter/14bnov03.php

emot-drool.gif

How the fuck did that happen?! ^_^

But, seriously, Vio-Lence were supposed to be putting out a new studio album, even though they've already split up again? Maybe my memory is crooked. And what's happening with the re-releases? The official website is most unhelpful :(

Sean Killian said:
Hi! I'm the world's most annoying vocalist!
The following errors occurred when this message was submitted:

1. The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 1 characters.

I sniggered at what the auction was, and may have muttered wtf in the process. :Spin:

I've only heard one Vio-lence song, about 12 years ago on Headbanger's Ball. I still remember that guy's voice like it was yesterday. Egads.

One Inch Man said:
True, I remember them being good. But Rob Flynn is good, so why wouldn't they be?
Cause Phil Demmel wrote all the riffs for Eternal Nightmare, and when Rob started writing riffs on Oppressing the Masses he was METAL THRASHING MAD BEER AND BULLET BELTS, and they are thus 59348789x better than the bullshit that is Machine Head.

Sean is a shitty singer. There's no way around it. But I really like his shitty vocals–they add so much to the music. That and the awesome backup gang shouts.

Sifting my hands through the color the money I PROFIT OFF
Is this green that I see only this is no dream ALL THAT YOU'VE GOT
I'm not the scum on the street not the bum GIVE IT TO ME
That you scrape off your shoes as you turn!

*neck snaps in half*

The auction made me giggle.

This is why I've never looked much into Vio-lence, because people that love Vio-lence hate Machine Head. I love Machine Head, and have for many years. They sure did suck major ass for a bit of a stint there, but From Ashes to Empires rectified all that Burning Red Supercharger idiocy.

Eh, someday I'll get to them. Maybe.

Sean Killians bad vocal delivery ... is not that bad really. It suits the music.
Back in the days, some reviewer originally condemned his delivery and it became a big deal.

But Vio-Lence just fucking slays ...

Sean sounds much more vicious on "Oppressing the Masses", more controlled. I've heard that he's even better on "Nothing to Gain", will have to track that one down. Raaah, re-release that too please?

I can't see how you can lay into Mr Sean. Sure, it threw me off to start with, but you couldn't have Vio-Lence any other way. That chaos is just...perfect!

Machine Head was great on "Burn My Eyes", but went steadily downhill after that. I haven't heard the newest one, so I can't comment on it. Vio-lence "Oppressing the Masses" is a must-own. The rest can be lived without. Killian's vocals are intolerable on "Eternal Nightmare" and "Nothing to Gain" is just weak musically, though Killian is at his best.

Ive heard Mr Killians rather eccentric vocals are quite excellent live. Apparently he puts on a great performance, and his stream of consciousness like rapping, works. They do have some killer riffs. I have the same problem with OVerkill, excellent music, awful singer.

jimbobhickville said:
Oh, and as for the band, they were supposed to finish recording their upcoming CD and release it and a live CD, then disband again since Phil Demmel left to join Machine Head full-time. Not sure what happened with that plan.
:cry: