• Original Recordings (Older Albums)

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters

SiliconMessiah

Brilliant Bastards!!
Feb 20, 2002
Harrow, London
chris.j.mash.googlepages.com
Basically which do u prefer, the re recordings on Heavy Metal Thunder, or the original recordings?

For most of you, you probably started liking Saxon before Heavy Metal Thunder was done, so you'll probably prefer the old stuff as its what got into Saxon. For someone like me who heard Heavy Metal Thunder first im feeling the other way round. I got Power & The Glory yesterday and i feel its not as good quality, its great stuff, but not quite as good as Heavy Metal Thunder

But of course we have to consider that Power & The Glory was recorded in 1983 and Heavy Metal Thunder was something like 2002 :lol:

so therefore production will have obviously imporved!

Im sure uve had one of these polls before, but seeing as im new to the whole scene i thought id get ur opinions :D

Of course I feel that HMT is much better, but it is the only cd from Saxon who has re-recordings on it (except KG limited) so I vote yes for HMT, but not if they re-record for example Metalhead.

That's pretty much an impossible question to answer! Yeah the HMT stuff sounds better, but that's because production is so much better these day's. But obviously the 'old' stuff must have sounded good at the time because we all got into it!

I think old. But Saxon have proved to me and many others that they can still sound just as good.I went to the Asoria gig as many of you know.I was worried that the saxon would not be up to scratch.How wrong can one man be?

I prefer the more 'polished' versions on HMT, simply because it is so damn difficult to get hold of the original albums, but i still like the originals regardless. Classic Rock did a great job of remastering 'Saxon' and 'Power' btw...