New WHITESNAKE "Forevermore" sample available

KingsGene

God of Thunder
Apr 1, 2005
near KC
www.kingsofthenight.com
Sample "Love Will Set You Free" here: http://www.frontiers.it/m/uploads/audios/whitesnake_lovewillsetyoufree_sample.mp3

via melodicrock.com :

"Whitesnake, the legendary rock'n'roll legacy founded and formed by renowned singer/songwriter David Coverdale, unleashes a brand new storming 'Snake statement, Forevermore on Frontiers Records on March 25 in Europe and March 29 in North America.
Their 11th studio album, Forevermore was recorded, produced and mixed by Coverdale, guitarist Doug Aldrich and Michael McIntyre at Snakebyte Studios and Grumblenott Studios & Villas in Lake Tahoe, Nevada, with additional work at Casa Dala, Sherman Oaks, CA, and Whitesnake will take to the road for a full world tour in support of the release.
With “Forevermore” Coverdale has reignited an explosively fruitful vein of creativity with guitarist and co-writer/producer Aldrich, Reb Beach (Winger, Alice Cooper) on guitar, Briian Tichy (Ozzy, Billy Idol, Foreigner) on drums and Michael Devin (Kenny Wayne Shepherd, Lynch Mob) on bass, and as with all Whitesnake's albums, Coverdale aided so capably by Aldrich opens up his heart and soul to express emotions and empathy rarely heard these days in any musical genre.
More than simply their latest release, “Forevermore” represents Whitesnake's no holds barred, most heartfelt, melodic and musically muscular excursion for many a year.

The album's release will be anticipated by the digital only release of the first single/video clip Love Will Set You Free on February 21.
Forevermore will be specially released on a “Snake Pack” edition for the first 3 weeks in England only. This very special release – arranged in conjunction with Future Publishing and Classic Rock magazine - will come with a collectors edition 132 pages deluxe magazine + A1 poster & metal pin badge and shall feature an exclusive cover art and 2 bonus live tracks “Slide It In” and “Cheap An' Nasty” which will serve as an appetizer for the forthcoming Live @ Donington 1990 to be released in the summer 2011.
The album will be also be released on a double gatefold vinyl format, with deluxe special editions to be announced shortly.
This time Coverdale and Co. have really laid it on the line for their fans, and be sure of this, the Snake's charms are going to convert a whole new army of believers… just watch.

“Forevermore” will include the following songs: Steal Your Heart Away; All Out Of Luck; Love Will Set You Free; Easier Said Than Done; Tell Me How; I Need You (Shine A Light); One Of These Days; Love And Treat Me Right; Dogs In The Street; Fare Thee Well; Whipping Boy Blues; My Evil Ways; Forevermore.

Whitesnake: David Coverdale – vocals, Doug Aldrich – guitar, Reb Beach – guitars, Michael Devin – bass, Briian Tichy – drums.
Produced by Los Bros Brutalos (David Coverdale, Doug Aldrich, Michael McIntyre)
WebLinks: www.whitesnake.com / www.frontiers.it."

whitesnake-forevermore.jpg

It sounds like a decent enough song, but nothing special. I think it sucks that Tommy Aldridge isn't playing drums though. What happened to him being with the band anyway?

~Brian~

Via Wikipedia:
"Aldridge joined Gary Moore to record Dirty Fingers in 1981 before accepting an offer from David Coverdale of Whitesnake. However, before joining Whitesnake for the "Whitesnake 1987" tour he joined forces with longtime friend and bass player Rudy Sarzo and guitar/keyboard virtuoso Tony MacAlpine to form "Project Driver", a Shrapnel Records band which not only failed commercially but was a project he personally financed and cost him his marriage. He was too late to appear on the successful Whitesnake album, but following the release of that recording, David Coverdale hired Tommy and Rudy Sarzo to join Whitesnake and they were part of that band at the peak of its success. They toured to sell out crowds for the next two years supporting the Whitesnake 1987 album . Tommy then appeared on Whitesnake's Slip Of The Tongue, released in 1989, which was less successful and resulted in the group breaking up a year later.

From 2002 Aldridge toured with Whitesnake alongside David Coverdale (vocals), Doug Aldrich (guitar), Reb Beach (guitar), Marco Mendoza/Uriah Duffy (bass) and Timothy Drury (keyboards). Aldridge left Whitesnake in 2007 to pursue alternate musical endeavours.[2]"

Also check out his personal bio at http://www.tommyaldridge.com/tommy.htm

From www.melodicrock.com :

"Whitesnake has partnered with VEVO for the world premiere of the brand new video Love Will Set You Free. The video can be viewed below. Directed by Devin DeHaven/Fortress Entertainment (Papa Roach, Method Man, Talib Kweli), the video was shot in Lake Tahoe, NV. “Love Will Set You Free” is the first single from the forthcoming Whitesnake album, Forevermore, and is available for purchase from February 21 at all digital stores.
Forevermore is due out on March 29 in North America and March 25 in Europe and finds founder/singer/songwriter David Coverdale and company returning to their no-holds-barred, bluesiest, sexiest rock n' roll roots. This will be Whitesnake's 11th album and the first release via the Italian-based Frontiers Records label. Forevermore was recorded, produced and mixed by Los Bros Brutalos (Coverdale, Doug Aldrich and Michael McIntyre) at Snakebyte Studios and Grumblenott Studios & Villas in Lake Tahoe, Nevada, with additional work at Casa Dala, Sherman Oaks, CA.
About Whitesnake - Formed in 1977, and steered by the legendary David Coverdale, Whitesnake carry a rightful reputation as one of the world's leading rock n' roll bands. Coverdale's blues roots, combined with a feral sense of rockin' and rollin', have consistently shaped the 'Snake's sound along with Coverdale's love and appreciation of impeccable musicianship. Whitesnake's ascent to the very top of the rock n' roll heap was confirmed with 1987's self-titled mega-platinum album, which saw two massive Top 10 hits, two #1 singles with “Here I Go Again” and “Is This Love” and a virtual 24-hour domination of MTV around the world. Whitesnake is David Coverdale (vocals), Doug Aldrich (guitars), Reb Beach (guitars), Michael Devin (bass) and Briian Tichy (drums).
About VEVO - VEVO is the leading premium music video and entertainment service with 1.7 billion worldwide streams and over 60 million unique visitors in the U.S. and Canada each month. VEVO's programming is made available across the VEVO platform, which includes VEVO.com (the service's marquee destination site), VEVO Mobile (iPhone, iPod touch), VEVO connected devices (Google TV, Boxee) and a VEVO-branded embedded player. VEVO also syndicates its programming to additional internet destination sites, including AOL, BET, CBS Interactive Music Group (including Last.fm), Univision and, through a special partnership, VEVO on YouTube, expanding the platform's reach across the worldwide web.
For more information please visit: www.whitesnake.com / www.frontiers.it. "

EDIT: apologies for the commercial for VEVO....I just copy/pasted the info.

Last edited by a moderator:
WTF?? Did they autotune Coverdale's voice???
That is not his voice at all...

The song is decent enough and all, but it's Coverdale's bluesy vox that truly MAKE a Whitesnake tune.

Also, he is looking more and more like the Coop everyday! :)

The song is decent enough and all, but it's Coverdale's bluesy vox that truly MAKE a Whitesnake tune.

????
What is his voice supposed to sound like? Coverdale lost the cool low end to his voice years and years ago....listen to Coverdale/Page. He still kicks ass, though....one of the all-time best.
I really dig this tune...again, kind of a throwback to the bluesier time of Whitesnake, pre-1987. If this is an indication of the rest of the cd, I'll be very happy!

Song sounds great. I hope the whole album is this good and they tour again.
The Doug Aldrich/Reb Beach guitar duo is awesome.

Everyone gets autotuned these days dude.

Pretty cool song. Stoked on this CD.

The MetalMadman played a cut from the new Snake album called Dogs In The Street...it kicked ass! I hear some of the old 87' sound that I long to hear from the band again! :hotjump:

~Brian~

The MetalMadman played a cut from the new Snake album called Dogs In The Street...it kicked ass! I hear some of the old 87' sound that I long to hear from the band again! :hotjump:

~Brian~

If it were up to me, I'd much rather have the "Trouble", "Lovehunter", "Ready And Willing" style Whitesnake any day of the week. '87 was good, but they/he (Coverdale) lost most of the bluesy soul that the older version of the band had. Moody and Marsden were a killer songwriting combo with Coverdale.

viw www.melodicrock.com :

"Classic Rock is proud to announce the launch of our latest Fan Pack, dedicated to David Coverdale and Whitesnake. The Whitesnake Fan Pack follows hard on the heels of our acclaimed Slash and Motörhead packs. It includes a 132-page magazine along with Forevermore, Whitesnake's brand spanking new studio album. There's also an official Whitesnake pin badge and a giant-size poster. Fans who buy the Whitesnake Fan Pack will be able to hear Forevermore three weeks before it goes on sale in the record stores.
What's more, the Fan Pack version of Forevermore comes with two bonus live tracks – Slide it In and Cheap An' Nasty – recorded live at Whitesnake's headline set at the Castle Donington Monsters Of Rock festival in 1990. So that's 13 brand new studio tracks plus two bonus ones – a lot of Whitesnake music to sink your fangs into!
The bonus live tracks will not be on the record-store version of Forevermore. What's more, the CD cover for the Fan Pack Whitesnake album will feature exclusive artwork that will not be used on the record store equivalent. The bonus live tracks will serve as an appetizer for Whitesnake's forthcoming Live @ Donington 1990 DVD and double CD to be released in summer 2011.

The Fan Pack magazine – which is being edited by Geoff Barton – contains a major, all-new interview with Whitesnake mainman David Coverdale, conducted at his home in Lake Tahoe, Nevada, USA. Forevermore was recorded at Coverdale's home studio and we were there while it was being made. Coverdale also talks us through the new album, track by track. Additionally, we have new interviews with the other Whitesnake band members: guitarists Doug Aldrich and Reb Beach, bassist Michael Devin and drummer Brian Tichy.
There's a wealth of exclusive, never-before-seen pictures of Coverdale and his band, taken by top US photographer Travis Shinn while Forevermore was being made in Tahoe. Elsewhere in the Fan Pack magazine, we talk to the musicians who knew Coverdale when he started out as a club singer in north-east England. We analyse the multi-platinum success of the band's legendary 1987 album and also review Whitesnake's entire back catalogue of albums. All this – and we list Coverdale's Top 20 Friskiest Lyrics. Slide it in, indeed!
David Coverdale says: “After such a rewarding love affair with Classic Rock and its readers these last few years, we are honoured beyond words to be given our very own very special 'Snake edition. We hope you all enjoy the action-packed, high-octane hissstory [sic] and especially our new Forevermore album, and are inspired to come out and play with us this summer on the UK tour. We remain your obedient serpents…”
Classic Rock's Whitesnake Fan Pack goes on sale on March 25. It can pre-ordered at www.myfavouritemagazines.co.uk."

classicrock-whitesnakemag.jpg

If it were up to me, I'd much rather have the "Trouble", "Lovehunter", "Ready And Willing" style Whitesnake any day of the week. '87 was good, but they/he (Coverdale) lost most of the bluesy soul that the older version of the band had. Moody and Marsden were a killer songwriting combo with Coverdale.

I know that most of the purist here prefer the Moody/Marsden era, but it's a total snooze fest in my opinion. I much prefer their 80's, pretty boy era...

~Brian~

as long as there are killer guitar licks, I am a happy Whitensnake fan!!

Yep. Pre-ordered that a while back :D

viw www.melodicrock.com :

"Classic Rock is proud to announce the launch of our latest Fan Pack, dedicated to David Coverdale and Whitesnake. The Whitesnake Fan Pack follows hard on the heels of our acclaimed Slash and Motörhead packs. It includes a 132-page magazine along with Forevermore, Whitesnake's brand spanking new studio album. There's also an official Whitesnake pin badge and a giant-size poster. Fans who buy the Whitesnake Fan Pack will be able to hear Forevermore three weeks before it goes on sale in the record stores.
What's more, the Fan Pack version of Forevermore comes with two bonus live tracks – Slide it In and Cheap An' Nasty – recorded live at Whitesnake's headline set at the Castle Donington Monsters Of Rock festival in 1990. So that's 13 brand new studio tracks plus two bonus ones – a lot of Whitesnake music to sink your fangs into!
The bonus live tracks will not be on the record-store version of Forevermore. What's more, the CD cover for the Fan Pack Whitesnake album will feature exclusive artwork that will not be used on the record store equivalent. The bonus live tracks will serve as an appetizer for Whitesnake's forthcoming Live @ Donington 1990 DVD and double CD to be released in summer 2011.

The Fan Pack magazine – which is being edited by Geoff Barton – contains a major, all-new interview with Whitesnake mainman David Coverdale, conducted at his home in Lake Tahoe, Nevada, USA. Forevermore was recorded at Coverdale's home studio and we were there while it was being made. Coverdale also talks us through the new album, track by track. Additionally, we have new interviews with the other Whitesnake band members: guitarists Doug Aldrich and Reb Beach, bassist Michael Devin and drummer Brian Tichy.
There's a wealth of exclusive, never-before-seen pictures of Coverdale and his band, taken by top US photographer Travis Shinn while Forevermore was being made in Tahoe. Elsewhere in the Fan Pack magazine, we talk to the musicians who knew Coverdale when he started out as a club singer in north-east England. We analyse the multi-platinum success of the band's legendary 1987 album and also review Whitesnake's entire back catalogue of albums. All this – and we list Coverdale's Top 20 Friskiest Lyrics. Slide it in, indeed!
David Coverdale says: “After such a rewarding love affair with Classic Rock and its readers these last few years, we are honoured beyond words to be given our very own very special 'Snake edition. We hope you all enjoy the action-packed, high-octane hissstory [sic] and especially our new Forevermore album, and are inspired to come out and play with us this summer on the UK tour. We remain your obedient serpents…”
Classic Rock's Whitesnake Fan Pack goes on sale on March 25. It can pre-ordered at www.myfavouritemagazines.co.uk."

classicrock-whitesnakemag.jpg

Blues fans knock yourselves out, this album is for you. I like barely 2 or 3 songs from this album sadly and I don't even like those that much. Voodoo Circle's album is far far better than new 'snake in my opinion and I don't even like it that much. Still I think prey 87 'snake fans should be very happy with this album.

should have this album in the mail from Amazon when I get home today!!!

That's pretty much what you're getting with this album.