Newbe

I think Folk metal is something like Finntroll or the first Vintersorg and similar...

and welcome to this board! Nice to see new people here, maybe to live up this forum a little bit :)

To me, Folk Metal is Skyclad, first of all... I wonder what they are doing now, haven't heard of them for a long while. The used to be a kick ass live- band with Martin on the mic! :headbang:

Cis said:
To me, Folk Metal is Skyclad, first of all... I wonder what they are doing now, haven't heard of them for a long while. The used to be a kick ass live- band with Martin on the mic! :headbang:
I second that, but I also stopped following them after Martin had left the band. They've already done an album without him I think.

"Folk metal"? I have a realy dodgy image in my head right now so please clarify what this is meant to be.

Yes. i guess Skyclad is a good example. We play a more black metal inspired kind of folkmetal but in every type of metal there are bands blending folk melodies in to their music. "Dropkick Murphys" for example, they are a punk/hardcore band who use Irish folk tunes. So basically it´s just metal influenced by folk music. Now of course you can discuss the term folk music. Some people say everything is folk music and i guess that can be said but that would make everything a bit too vague. I just look at it as cultural historical music played by the "simple folk" and it often has very charachteristic melodies. Still a bit vague huh :err: A band i really like in the genre are Otyg from Sweden.

Well Irsh folk music is the main type I was thinking of. Any bands Iv ever heard that tried to blend it with anything else endedp intolerable in my opinion but then again I havnt heard many plus Iv never heard Skyclad so I dont know exacly what you taking about anyway.

Welcome to the Forum by the way Wildulaic