Newcastle Photos

Rab Cilbup

New Metal Member
Mar 31, 2006
Quick photo from Newcastle tonight - more to follow tomorrow when I've had a chance to process them properly.

sooo75.jpg

>Tremendous! Considering there were no lights on you did bloody well to get that shot! lol

Thanks for that - I really enjoyed the gig, as you say, the lighting was a bit of a shock but it got much better after they flipped a couple of the lights over to just straight white.

Can't remember the last time I've smiled so much at a gig, I see a fair bit of live music but a lot of it tends to be artists who think they're a bit more serious than this and some of their fans are equally as po-faced - which is fine in itself, but it's nice to see something different once in a while as well.

Thoroughly enjoyed the jam session as well which was a really nice surprise - and it was good of both bands to do it - given the size of the crowd, they really didn't have to - but they both had a really good attitude anyway - you'd have thought they were playing in front of 50,000 and not 50 which I always think is a sign of a good band.

Anyway, I've rambled on long enough, will go and get some of these photos sorted out.

Did you make it down the front then, if so I was the guy with the red Norway football top on and the long red hair.

Great pics! Awesome!

Yeah, we thoroughly enjoyed the show and jamming "Burn", "Rock and Roll all Nite" "Crazy Train" and "2 mins to midnite" with the Pagans boys was awesome. Both bands got on famously and we are all looking forward to meeting up again in Norway in August

>Great pics! Awesome!

Thanks for all the kind comments folks - have actually just finished trashing the photos and have replaced them with some better sized ones, looks much better and I've added a few arty farty black and white versions as well.

>"Burn", "Rock and Roll all Nite" "Crazy Train" and "2 mins to midnite"

"Burn" is one of my favourite songs of all time - I had a feeling it was going to be that when I heard you guys fiddling with the keyboard settings - it was almost as if someone had pressed the Jon Lord button !

"Crazy Train" featured my favourite guitarist of all time, so it was much appreciated - I was saying on the PM forum that it's quite ironic that at the same time you were playing it, about 1/2 mile down the road, Mrs Osbourne was appearing in The Vagina Monologues at the Theatre Royal.

:headbang:

Did you make it down the front then, if so I was the guy with the red Norway football top on and the long red hair.

Yes we made it although not down the front, more slightly over to the side and up a couple of steps, lol. I was the little red head standing near the bar to the left of the stage as you're looking at it.

It was an excellent gig. I think perhaps the venue thought the lack of lighting would make it more atmospheric? lol. You've managed to get some great shots there though, really cool. :headbang:

Yes I had to get the staff to go get the stepladders to fix the lights part way through the Power Quest set, which was rather odd, but we got lights in the end and nothing stops the mighty Power Quest !
All fans of PQ & PM will never forget this night as it was by far the most fun and the bands themselves were lapping it up.