Newest Mix (Isis/Cult of Luna)

believe it or not, guitars are Uberschall, haha. I haven't really gotten the whole technique of micing a cab live, so it sounds a little crazy, but it was probably the best i've gotten. but thanks for the input! anyone else?

guitar chain was

EC1000 Deluxe/Gibson Les Paul Studio (EMG 81 and 85)--Tuner,Tube Screamer,Noise Suppressor--Bogner Uberschall--Orange 4x12 w/ Celestion V-30--Sennheiser e609 to the grille halfway on the cone and cap--API Preamp--Protools--EQ--Comp

totally diggin the 70s style snare drum! ;-) i know a lot of drummers hate fat snares, they prefer cracky, but me lovveezzz fat and juicy snares!
so : mind sharing what this is?
all in all very good mix! totally love that!

its actually a Jones Custom Snare made specifically for the drummer of my band. It is beautiful and sounds amazing for this style music. you mostly hear the real snare. there is just a little bit of slate snare mixed in for attack.

I'm digging the tune.

Guitars fit perfectly for the genre,.. perhaps needs a little more bass in the mix? (that's where I prefer to hear it anyways!)

never saw the last 14 minute epic - got a link?

*edit - distorted sound could be beefier. that's the only thing I'd improve.

Thanks for all the comments. The myspace page is. Www.myspace.com/nationsal

I actually brought a lot of the bass out of the mix. But int because it was wayy too loud. I might have dropped a Little much.

The guitars have both a high and low pass on them so I could adjust that a bit to beef them up/darken them a little.

As for the 14 minute song. I am not at a computer right this second. But as soon as I get to one. I'll post the dropbox link. That should be tonight.

The bass is a bit boomy and undefined and the guitars a bit harsh. When the distorted guitars comes in, the kick almost disappears, the bass is eating the kick.