NEWS: Dissection set to reform!

MadeInNewJersey

nursing my wounds
Apr 15, 2002
The Ridge
www.discogs.com
From BraveWords.com:

"DISSECTION maiman Jon Nodtveidt - currently in prison in Sweden - has revealed exclusively to BW&BK that the band will re-form in 2004, and that Faust (ex-EMPEROR) will be a part of the Satanic festivities:

'A new line-up is being put together right now. I'm therefore proud to
announce Bard Faust (ex-Emperor) as the new official drummer in Dissection. We've know each other since the early '90s and throughout the years in prison we kept in touch. This resulted in that I asked him to join Dissection at his parole, which he did. I'm totally convinced that Faust will become the ultimate Dissection drummer. He's an incredibly powerful and talented drummer as well as a great friend. We have both learned things the hard way, and grown many times stronger as a result. Both Faust and I share the same relentless hunger and will to power and vengeance, which we will direct towards the forthcoming studio album and the grand return of Dissection next year.'"

"...We've know each other since the early '90s and throughout the years in prison we kept in touch..."

Does anyone besides me find this sentence hilarious? I mean, you know, besides it being great news for Dissection fans and all...

:lol: :lol:

"This resulted in that I asked him to join Dissection at his parole" -> that had me in stitches.

"We have both learned things the hard way" -> interpretation: We have both been the prison bitch for too long now, and Satan never came to the rescue.

Bard Faust - he's that homphobe who killed the gay guy in the woods right?

provided from the All Music Guide, for your perusal and entertainment.

MAYHEM
Formed around 1985 by Necrobutcher and guitarist Euronymous (born Oystein Aarseth), Mayhem was the first death metal band from Norway to make much of an impact in their homeland, which in the early '90s developed a burgeoning underground scene rife with violent, sometimes anti-Christian activity — as evidenced by Mayhem's non-musical history. Drummer Hellhammer, who at one time worked in a mental hospital, is the only remaining member of the band's prime-period lineup. Lead vocalist Dead soon found himself that way by committing suicide in 1991 (two years after joining the band) by shooting himself in the head; Hellhammer made a necklace using some of his skull fragments, and Euronymous reportedly cooked and ate pieces of Dead's brain. Euronymous, in turn, was stabbed to death while in his underwear on August 10, 1993, by the band's bass player, Count Grishnackh (born Christian Vikernes). Grishnackh's alleged motive was jealousy over the fact that Euronymous had a more evil reputation; he inflicted 23 separate wounds, it was also rumored, so as to outdo rival band Emperor, who was convicted in the stabbing death of a homosexual acquaintance. When police arrested Grishnackh, they found over 150 kg of stolen dynamite in his house, complete with a plan to blow up a large church on a religious holiday. Grishnackh went on to pursue his electronic-influenced project Burzum <javascript:z('1BURZUM')> while in prison; meanwhile, Euronymous' parents requested that his bass tracks be erased from Mayhem's 1994 album, De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas, (which featured session vocalist Attila Csihar. Still, thanks to growing worldwide interest in Norwegian death metal, Mayhem product has continued to appear on the shelves into the next century. Hellhammer also put together a new Mayhem lineup, which has toured sporadically. — Steve Huey

EMPEROR
When attention first focused on Norway's almost cartoonishly violent black metal scene in the mid-'90s, Mayhem were dubbed its godfathers, but most of the critical accolades were bestowed upon Emperor, whose musical innovations have had more impact on the genre than any other band. Norwegian black metal was rife with anti-Christian sentiment, but Emperor found novel ways of expressing it in their music; while their music could be furious and violent, the group was also influenced by the darkly majestic melodies of Norwegian folk and classical music, which very effectively supported their lyrical subject matter (even if it was frequently unintelligible). Emperor evoked not only Satanic horror, but also the frigid loneliness of bleak Scandinavian winters; additionally, images of pagan nature worship recalled an ancient, idealized pre-Christian past in which Scandinavian culture was one of the world's most dominant (resulting in the sound being tagged "Viking metal" by some). However, even as Emperor's music garnered worldwide acclaim in the heavy metal community, legal difficulties and lineup shifts ensued when a number of bandmembers became involved in the anti-Christian activism and general violence that characterized Norway's underground metal scene at the time.
Emperor's original lineup featured vocalist/guitarist/keyboardist Ihsahn bassist Mortiis (who has been credited with the band's initial interest in Norwegian folk), and drummer Samoth; this trio recorded a demo, Wrath of the Tyrant , in late 1992, and soon added drummer Faust (born Bard G. Eithun), with Samoth switching to guitar. The quartet recorded a split EP with the band Enslaved titled Hordanes Land after which Mortiis was forced to leave the group — and the country — for unspecified reasons; he moved to Sweden and pursued a solo career, often appearing costumed as an elf. New bassist Tchort signed on for Emperor's full-length debut, In the Nightside Eclipse, which earned critical praise and an international cult following upon its release in 1994. However, around the same time, Samoth was convicted of arson after burning down a historical wooden church; Tchort was sentenced for burglary, knife assault, and desecration; and Faust was locked up for arson, burglary, and murder, stabbing a homosexual acquaintance 14 times outside the Olympic Park in Lillehammer after the man made a pass at him.
After Samoth's parole, Emperor regrouped with new bassist Alver and former Enslaved drummer Trym. A three-track EP, Reverence , was recorded in late 1996 as a precursor to 1997's acclaimed Anthems to the Welkin at Dusk which refined and expanded on the accomplishments of the debut. Alver departed afterwards, leaving Ihsahn and Samoth to split bass chores on record; session bassist Tyr and keyboardist Charmand Grimloch began touring with the group to fill the holes. Emperor's third album, IX Equilibrium followed in 1999, and the following year the group issued its first concert recording, Emperial Live Ceremony. — Steve Huey

There shall be no flaming!

Serously though, I wonder how this works out proportionately? And I don't mean limited to just Sweden. I wonder which nation in the world has the highest murder rate per capita?

I'm fairly certain that a) it's not the USA, and b) whichever nation it is, it's not the type of nation that would report that sort of thing and be honest...

Could be. But I'm thinking that like many countries in either the Middle East, South America, Africa and perhaps Southeast Asia, there are so many murders that go unreported, it'd be near-impossible to tell.

It probably depends on what constitutes as 'murder'. In Africa, there are millions of killings through tribal warfare, so in some lousy logical way, that is considered war. And of course, killing in warfare is looked at differently...

I would bet it's somewhere like Columbia. Highest kidnapping rate in the world, and the most 'missing' people in the world. They're all presumed dead, and that is no warfare.