nursing my wounds
Apr 15, 2002
The Ridge
www.discogs.com
"FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
JUNE 16, 2003

NEW ENGLAND METAL AND HARDCORE FESTIVAL PROMOTER
ANNOUNCES NEW JERSEY FESTIVAL

WORCESTER, MA - MassConcerts, the promoter of the hugely successful New England Metal and Hardcore Festival, has confirmed plans to expand the festival into new territories beginning with Asbury Park, N.J., in the fall of this year.

The New Jersey Metal And Hardcore Fest will be held at Asbury Park's Convention Hall complex on Friday, November 14 and Saturday, November 15. The lineup will be announced in July.

"It was very clear", said John Peters of MassConcerts, "that the New England Metal and Hardcore Festival had grown in popularity over the past five years and needed the opportunity to go to markets outside of our New England home base. We decided on New Jersey because of its strong metal music scene and it's close proximity to New York. Convention Hall was the perfect fit because of its history of hosting great acts like Pantera and Slayer."

The New Jersey Metal And Hardcore Fest will follow the same format as the annual New England festival but on a larger scale, as allowed by the larger size of the New Jersey venue.

In just five years, the New England Metal and Hardcore Festival has become one of the nation's top heavy metal festivals. This year's show, held May 16 and 17 at the Palladium in Worcester, Mass., sold out a week in advance and was documented by Trustkill for a future DVD release. Rob Zombie was on site interviewing bands for an episode of MTV 2's "Headbanger's Ball," as was Juliya, host of MuchMusic USA's "Uranium."

Following is just a sampling of what media outlets have had to say about the New England Metal and Hardcore Festival: Revolver Magazine stated, "If you decide to go to only one fest this year, this should be it." CMJ says "...hands down, the best metal fest in the world." After this year's fest MetalJudgment.com said "This may have been the best metal festival ever on U.S. soil."

MassConcerts will work in conjunction with local promoter Concerts East on the New Jersey Metal And Hardcore Fest."

And I read that BORKNAGAR will be playing at the NJ Metal & Hardcore Fest this year.

Oh my gosh, I think I have wood. Can anyone confirm (that Borknagar are playing, not that I have wood, heh)? Have they already started listing line ups anywhere?

Can't say anything about Borknagar Ali, but Nile, Deicide, Dimmu Borgir, Nevermore, Hypocrisy & Children of Bodom are all allegedly confirmed at this point. Dimmu (along w/ Nevermore, Hypocrisy & Bodom) are launching their NA tour on the 1st night of the festival.

It's definitely shaping up to be a great metal fall! :headbang:

markgugs said:
Can't say anything about Borknagar Ali, but Nile, Deicide, Dimmu Borgir, Nevermore, Hypocrisy & Children of Bodom are all allegedly confirmed at this point. Dimmu (along w/ Nevermore, Hypocrisy & Bodom) are launching their NA tour on the 1st night of the festival.

It's definitely shaping up to be a great metal fall! !!:headbang:
Yeah they were talking about Borknagar appearing on the Borknagar forum....perhaps someone got an inside scoop? *fingers crossed just to see Vintersorg*

Deicide possibly appearing is disappointing in that Vital Remains probably will not...let's see though.

JayKeeley said:
Yeah they were talking about Borknagar appearing on the Borknagar forum....perhaps someone got an inside scoop? *fingers crossed just to see Vintersorg*

Deicide possibly appearing is disappointing in that Vital Remains probably will not...let's see though.

BTW guys, if you plan on staying at a hotel for the fest and want to book the closest one, book the Berkeley Carteret Oceanfront Hotel NOW, from what I understand it's already almost sold out. Let me know if you guys would like any additional info.

Dark One said:
BTW guys, if you plan on staying at a hotel for the fest and want to book the closest one, book the Berkeley Carteret Oceanfront Hotel NOW, from what I understand it's already almost sold out. Let me know if you guys would like any additional info.

I'll take my chances I think - if I've learned anything recently, I need to see the actual line up before I make a decision on hotels and tickets.

You know, I once went on a trip to the Great Barrier reef in Australia. Since then, no shoreline and no coral reef has ever come close. It's impossible and everything is pretty disappointing in comparison.

I have a feeling that Wacken will be like the Great Barrier reef. :lol:

JayKeeley said:
I'll take my chances I think - if I've learned anything recently, I need to see the actual line up before I make a decision on hotels and tickets.

You know, I once went on a trip to the Great Barrier reef in Australia. Since then, no shoreline and no coral reef has ever come close. It's impossible and everything is pretty disappointing in comparison.

I have a feeling that Wacken will be like the Great Barrier reef. :lol:

Cool man, at the very least I just wanted to make sure you guys were aware. Hell, you probably wouldn't have a terrible time commuting either.

Great Barrier Reef of Metal here we come!!!! Except we'll end up having....er.... like mud instead of sand in our ears and crevices or something.

JayKeeley said:

Oooh, I did one too! :D It's very pretty, isn't it? ;)

Ayeka said:
Oooh, I did one too! :D It's very pretty, isn't it? ;)

Yeah? Where did you stay? I was backpacking and stayed at the Port O' Call lodge. Cairns is a cool airport too with that runway on the peninsula.

I've seen the reefs at Fiji, the Red Sea, Cayman, and a few others, and I tell ya - although they're all great, nothing comes close to the GBR. I can't believe that something like that can even exist on this planet.

And I was there when the French wanted to test their nukes just 100 miles out!! Why France why? Why do you keep doing things to piss the world off I ask?!!!

Dark One said:
Great Barrier Reef of Metal here we come!!!! Except we'll end up having....er.... like mud instead of sand in our ears and crevices or something.

I'll still wear my snorkel though. You know, just to look cool. :cool:

JayKeeley said:
Yeah? Where did you stay? I was backpacking and stayed at the Port O' Call lodge. Cairns is a cool airport too with that runway on the peninsula.

Truth be told, I so totally can't remember! :erk: I just know it was a nice place in Cairns :) for some reason I've always remembered the t-shirt shop near our hotel, that had gems such as "Sex makes your vision fuzzy" in fuzzy letters :Spin: and "G_ F_ck Y__rs_lf" with the caption "like to buy a vowel?" :cool: set a great impression on a 10 year-old's mind! :D

Isn't it the barracuda that's the great big whopping fish out there? I remember the bit where we went swimming in (with snorkels, no less ;)) had a big fish that lived round that bit so they'd given him a name...the grown ups going scuba diving were allowed to go up and pat him, but the fuckers got a nasty bite to 'em so watch out! :D

And if the French did test their nukes...well, imagine all the pretty colours all the rocks and fish (and people) would turn! Would be pretty cool!

Ayeka said:
And if the French did test their nukes...well, imagine all the pretty colours all the rocks and fish (and people) would turn! Would be pretty cool!

They did have some t-shirts to that effect. Something derogatory about the French, and a picture of a radioactive (fluourescent green) fish...

...should the French even be allowed to have nukes!? :lol: