next band announced: TYRANT'S REIGN

Diabolik

Sep 30, 2005
Chicago,IL
www.facebook.com
This is a band that was in the works for a very very very long time. Actually the second year they were asked but the members all had prior commitments. This classic Chicago act is a heavily sought after band for lots of festivals, thier first LP is super OOP and hard to come buy. This is a very rare live show for them. After a lot of talking and setting this up...Odin did a fantastic job in getting this for the fest.

here are some samples...

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah....actually last year for the pre-show that didnt happen I tried to get them and they were still inactive because most of the guys are in cover bands and make good money doing that so TR kind of fell by the wayside. Glad Mike was able to get them going again.

as a side note...the pre show last year was shaping up to be something like this...

Tyrant's Reign
Amulance ( another band that wanted to do it but members were all doing other things )
Ravensthorn ( never heard back)

In other words, the same reason why so many old school Chicago bands we love aren't active........ :D

yep. Like we talked about over the weekend...lots of these older bands will play some small bar on the south side to like 20 freinds and then complain that no one supports them so they stop doing stuff. They are almost self destroying themselves by not trying to be active within the current metal scene.

Well, I guess its hard to try to fit in the modern scene if you have an old school mentality.
I experienced it a couple times over the past couple years in working with a few bands.

Also, there are a lot of guys who still do it thinking it will make them some extra cash.
It only gets worse when they discover the tribute band scene.

Well, I guess its hard to try to fit in the modern scene if you have an old school mentality.
I experienced it a couple times over the past couple years in working with a few bands.

Also, there are a lot of guys who still do it thinking it will make them some extra cash.
It only gets worse when they discover the tribute band scene.
I'm a young guy (23) myself and I started playing in cover/tribute bands (One Ozzy tribute and a top 40's gig) in the past 2 years, everyone in these bands are old enough to be my parents and I see this stuff happening. They're all failed 80's musicians and some of them are bitter old fucks. Best-paying gigs of my life, but some of those guys make me sad.