Nightmare On Elm St (remake) & Friday the 13th news

The 2000's have been all about fucking remakes, its stupid. Why not just CONTINUE a franchise..or..heaven forbid..create something original?

IMO, the sequels on both Friday the 13th & Nightmare have been beaten to death & then some. Jason X with Jason in space? I didn't see it, but I'll take everyone else opinion on it, that it sucked. Nightmare on Elm St, they should of finished with Freddy's Dead. Halloween, they should have ended it with H20. I liked Freddy vs Jason and Alien vs Predator, at least they're incorporating some characters together. I heard rumors of Freddy vs Jason w/Michael Myers being thrown in the mix, but that's been on hold with the remakes of F.T.13th & Nightmare.

I don't mind the remakes. It's nice to see a modern version of the movie with some new material added in. The only thing that sucks is you know how the movie is suppose to finish.

Mind-readers, all of you! I've wanted to rent Nightmare on Elm Street for untold ages but always forgot to queue it up on blockbuster. Sheeat, last time I saw it was on USA UP ALL NIGHT with Gilbert Gottfried about fifteen years ago!

Jurched

Mind-readers, all of you! I've wanted to rent Nightmare on Elm Street for untold ages but always forgot to queue it up on blockbuster. Sheeat, last time I saw it was on USA UP ALL NIGHT with Gilbert Gottfried about fifteen years ago!

Jurched

I recorded it around Halloween and it was cut up for TV, so I ended up erasing it with 10 minutes into the movie. I need to rent it as well, it's been years since I've seen the original.

can we safely say, now, that Hollywood has ran out of ideas?

Pretty much. I don`t know what`s about all these remakes. Stick to the classics. But I`ll probably take a look on the remade Friday... just for the hell of it.

I see My Bloody Valentine is remade. I haven't seen the original in years.

I'll check out the remake of Friday as well.

can we safely say, now, that Hollywood has ran out of ideas?

Its not that they've run out of ideas. Its just that the public has lost all appetite for new and interesting things, and actually WANTS rehashed petrified shit from 20 years ago. Or rather, that's what the top shits in the industry THINK people want.

I mean, new screen plays sell for a third of rehashed old shit. New movies take in a third of "the Pukes of Hazzard" and "Fucked in Space" and "HallofuckinWeen".

Books are even worse. Publishing houses are only printing manuscripts either by Koontz and Steele or by fiftycent or Marrion barry. Only famous authors or famous dickwads. New talent or new creations NOT wanted.

And people wonder why the publishing industry is shitting the bed, and why movie ticket sales are dropping!

Jurched

Its not that they've run out of ideas. Its just that the public has lost all appetite for new and interesting things, and actually WANTS rehashed petrified shit from 20 years ago. Or rather, that's what the top shits in the industry THINK people want.

I mean, new screen plays sell for a third of rehashed old shit. New movies take in a third of "the Pukes of Hazzard" and "Fucked in Space" and "HallofuckinWeen".

Books are even worse. Publishing houses are only printing manuscripts either by Koontz and Steele or by fiftycent or Marrion barry. Only famous authors or famous dickwads. New talent or new creations NOT wanted.

And people wonder why the publishing industry is shitting the bed, and why movie ticket sales are dropping!

Jurched

Some remakes have been horrible, like the Douches of Hazzard and I didn't care for the remake of the Amityville Horror. Halloween was decent (much better than Rob Zombie's House of a 1000 corpses), but nothing beats the original.

Speaking of no ideas and a whole lot of nerve:

Jackie Chan is in negotiations to star in the remake of 1984 hit movie The Karate Kid, according to reports.

The martial arts star would take on the role of mentor Mr Miyagi, industry newspaper Hollywood Reporter says.

The character was made famous by Pat Morita in the original film franchise and earned him an Oscar nomination.

Jaden Smith, the son of Hollywood actor Will Smith, has already been cast as the boy to be mentored by the martial arts expert.

Like the original film, the movie will tell the story of a boy who is picked on by bullies who learns to stand up for himself with the help of Mr Miyagi.

What the fuck!? Karate Kid doesn't deserve a fuckin remake! Jackie Chan has to star as Yamamoto in a remake of "Pearl Harbor" starring Ethan Hawke before he can DARE fill Pat Morita's shoes as Mr. Miyagi!!

All right, that's it! I'm gonna remake "Defiance." The original film starred Daniel Craig and was released in 2009. What? ...Its only opening this week? Ahh! Who gives a fuck! Never too early to buy out someone else's work and do a half-assed job reinterpreting it to score some big money from a theaterfull of bored dimwits.

Jurched

Speaking of no ideas and a whole lot of nerve:

Jackie Chan is in negotiations to star in the remake of 1984 hit movie The Karate Kid, according to reports.

The martial arts star would take on the role of mentor Mr Miyagi, industry newspaper Hollywood Reporter says.

The character was made famous by Pat Morita in the original film franchise and earned him an Oscar nomination.

Jaden Smith, the son of Hollywood actor Will Smith, has already been cast as the boy to be mentored by the martial arts expert.

Like the original film, the movie will tell the story of a boy who is picked on by bullies who learns to stand up for himself with the help of Mr Miyagi.

What the fuck!? Karate Kid doesn't deserve a fuckin remake! Jackie Chan has to star as Yamamoto in a remake of "Pearl Harbor" starring Ethan Hawke before he can DARE fill Pat Morita's shoes as Mr. Miyagi!!

All right, that's it! I'm gonna remake "Defiance." The original film starred Daniel Craig and was released in 2009. What? ...Its only opening this week? Ahh! Who gives a fuck! Never too early to buy out someone else's work and do a half-assed job reinterpreting it to score some big money from a theaterfull of bored dimwits.

Jurched

Shit is fucked up Juched-san! :puke: