Nightwish - 3 full studio albums (to 2001)

OceanbarD

DeadsouL of a modern bard
Oct 9, 2001
Canada
Review here of the 3 full albums of nightwish , i do not review
only one because i done a review of oceanborn in the forums.
so well ill take the 3 to make a review ! so this is simple :
the first one ANGEL FALL FIRST is the begining of the band
and it does look like that , for someone that don't know night
wish , this is some Symphonic melodic metal with an opera female signer. so then you have metal elements that look pretty much power metal , with some symphony genereted by a keyboard (what is sound cheap) the signer is really good but we do feel in her voice that she is not use to that. but also
the keyboardist of the band sing on some songs of this album and sing not that good what makes another bad point.
but finnaly , even if its not the most inspirated album it is
good (angel fall first - 9 songs , relased in 97). OCEANBORN , their best album to date where the metal get in inspiration , technique and quality with more symphony but this time play by a real orchestra (which is sound really better) the vocals sound better and the keyboardist don't sing anymore so we got a perfect album. even if they are not the best musician in the world they are not bad but don't await to be really impressed. (oceanborn - 11 songs , relased 98)
and finnaly their last full album to date WISHMASTER where
the metal side take influences to other bands and is less inspirated and less technic playing still not bad but under oceanborn. now we have a really low rate of symphony (almost not anymore symphonic-metal) and played by key
board again. but now this is where the signer gives her best
shot : the vocals are outstanding. (wishmaster - 11 songs , relased 2000)

- i am a big nightwish fan , i recomend oceanborn to anyone
that want something great. i prefer the first album angel fall
first to wishmaster since it is suposed to be symphonic metal
band. also a CD/DVD live is out and a mini-CD that contain
2 new songs , one cover and a remake of the 4th track of the first album. really bad by the way.