Nightwish played during NBA player introductions in Game 7

The Fiddler

Just Do It.
Nov 27, 2002
Heaven and Hell
I was sitting at my computer last night working on some photos and had the NBA finals game on the TV for some background noise. After the Pistons lineup was introduced, ABC television played a video clip of Spurs highlights before the Spurs were introduced to help build excitement for the Spurs player introductions. As soon as the video clip started, I could hear Tarja belting out some "Ohhh-Ohhh-Ohhh"s from Nightwish's operatic masterpiece, "Ghost Love Score". The producers took bits and pieces of that song to make what must have been a 30 second video clip played to Nightwish! Too bad 99.99% of the people watching didn't know who in the heck made the very cool music!

It was a great selection of music that emphasized the dramatic atmosphere of a professional sports championship Game #7 where there is no tomorrow. It's all or nothing - winner takes all.

well if u noticed through out the whole game the sound guy played lots of dream theater. as i am the glass prison 6:00 metropolis and a few others. hehe hes on Mp's forum and told us he would be doing so

My buddy who's a huge basketball fan and not a big NW fan called me up saying "I swear to god it was Nightwish"... I was like "no way dude, it was probably Evanesence or something"... that's pretty cool.

Yeah it was NIGHTWISH i almost had a cow, my whole family recognized it, and said its about time.

Wow, that's pretty cool! I just don't think of basketball as a haven for surprising metal moments. :)

(I remember, though, when it seemed like a week wouldn't go by without someone saying "Hey, they played Dream Theater during the _________'s hockey game last night!")

My jaw dropped. My brother being a big basketball fan had me turn it on to see the Pistons come out to the old Undertaker theme, and next thing i know the arena is pitch black and Planet Hell is blaring. Last place I would ever expect to hear a song like that, although it fit perfectly for all 30 seconds.

To show you how far behind the times music is here in El Paso, the radio stations here have just this week started Playing Nightwish's "Nemo", and are referring to them as a new musical sensation that pattern themselves after Evernesance(or however you spell it) well that kinda pissed my daughters off so they called the radio station and politely told them to get the facts straight it is the other way around, and that this was Nightwish's 5th full length release, and that they have numerous other releases, and have done many world tours, and so on. I just hope that Nightwish does not go on to become to commericalized.