Nightwish.....what's going on?

I gotta say I'm surprised. I didn't really know what was going on behind the scenes although it seems that many had a fair idea what was coming.

I am not sure what to make of it all really. I'd like to hear both sides of the story before passing judgement but needless to say that it's gonna have to be a hell of a vocalist that takes her place. Whoever it is will have to perform some of the early material live where Tarja was more operatic and that won't be easy.

I am unsure of where they will go from here really. Also they have a few more live shows to do...that's gonna be very difficult indeed for Tarja knowing her days in the band are over.

I guess I'll see just what happens....could be the end for them even...

They don't have any more shows planned. She was given the letter after the Helsinki show which they recorded, to be called"End of an Era".

The guys seem pretty determined to carry on. Tuomas has always given the impression that NW is more than 'just a band' for him. Still...it'll take quite a while for them to get going again.

Symphony said:
What does everyone think about the news of Tarja leaving Nightwish?

I don't think she's been given an awful lot of choice. Whether she was intending on going or not, she's not really been given the option to change her mind now.

I've read what both sides have to say about it, and can understand both sides in a way, if what has been said is to be believed. I suppose the remainder of the band just wanted to 'get in there first' with their version of events before she made her announcement to leave the band. However, I'm not sure the way they went about it was very gentlemenly.

I would have thought a simple press release, or press conference with all parties present would have been the way to go. But from reading how they all felt I guess they just couldn't bring themselves to be in the same room together for even one more day.

I think the band can come through this, after all the music is much more than just the lead singer, it is the whole band. Whatever has happened I will still remain a big fan of the band and at the same time will wait to see what Tarja brings out on her own. If her heart is not in this type of music then she has to follow her heart and do what makes her happy. If she's looking for the goose that lays the golden eggs then I would have thought Nightwish would have fullfilled that.

Whatever it was, it's sad it's all come to this and I am shocked at what has happened and what has been said. But I wish them all the very best of luck.