Nihon Doom?

Drexle

Vinterholic
Sep 15, 2001
So, can anyone here tell me if there are any doom metal bands from the land of the rising sun? The only band I know of that comes close would be Corrupted. They're the ones who growl in Spanish for some strange reason... or at least they did on Llenandose de Gusanos, and assumedly also on Dios Injusto from what I remember.

Also, have there been any attempts to incorporate traditional Japanese music into metal? I'd be very interested to hear about it if there were.

Originally posted by Drexle

have there been any attempts to incorporate traditional Japanese music into metal? I'd be very interested to hear about it if there were.

have you ever tried the link i posted in another thread called New second home? i think Onmyou-za is an interesting band. please check them out :)

i don't know much doom bands here, sorry.. maybe i can ask some friends later!

Junko

I checked them out in the other thread, and there were a few cool songs, but not all of them did very much for me.

Oh, and it would be very cool if you could ask your friends if they know anything about Japanese Doom Metal. I've always wondered about it.

Oh, I think I remember hearing about another one called "Church of Misery," but I haven't ever heard their stuff before.