NIKKI SIXX Is Worried That DONALD TRUMP 'Could Put America At War'

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
MÖTLEY CRÜE and SIXX:A.M. bassist Nikki Sixx says he is worried that Donald Trump could put America at war, doubling down on his previously stated belief that the real estate mogul is not "the right choice" to lead the United States. Speaking to Anneke Ter Veen in an interview that was conducted in Hamburg, Germany last June but only now posted on YouTube, Sixx talked about the U.S. presidential election and how it has affected the lyrical content of SIXX:A.M.'s latest double album, "Prayers For The Blessed" and "Prayers For The Damned", which came out during 2016. "We're not a political band by any stretch of the means, but we are a reflective band and we do feel a responsibility, when we're writing, to write about a lot of stuff — stuff that's going on internally and externally," he said. "Back in America, it's a very volatile time, and it's a bit embarrassing, to be honest with you, mostly coming from one side." He continued: "In general, our belief is that you have the right and you have the responsibility to stand up and rise up — which is what the song 'Rise' is about — and force a chance. "When it becomes so stressful to young people that they say they're not gonna vote, they don't care anymore, they become apathetic, it's a scary time." Asked if he had a favorite candidate in the 2016 U.S. presidential election, Sixx said: "Listen, I think it's a really uncomfortable time. I personally don't… My opinion isn't anybody else's opinion. With politics and religion, if you say something, people get very [upset by it]. And it's okay. "My concern is that somebody like Donald Trump could put our country, America, at war, and that is not the answer for anything. We have allies, we've supported each other over the years, different countries have had each other's backs financially, politically and military-wise." Sixx added: "I don't wanna become the only country that's on an island by itself and everybody goes, 'We don't want anything to do [with you], because your leader's crazy.' With that being said, if anybody out there believes the same as I do — obviously, this is German fans, so they can't vote in America — but, just in general, say something, stand up, say something. Go vote against, or if you believe I'm wrong, vote for." SIXX:A.M. singer James Michael told BBC News prior to the election that 2016 was "one of the loudest, most volatile election years I can remember." He explained: "There's a reason for that. There's a reason people like Donald Trump are getting so much traction. Because he's just saying things very loudly, very boldly. He's not being politically correct. And the reason people are reacting to that type of a voice is they're angry. They're scared on a global level and a personal level. It affects them right down to the dinner table." Sixx added: "You have a lot of people rallying behind that campaign, who are clearly fed up, and clearly engaged and activated. But when you really look at the policies being offered to those people, they don't sync up. "A lot of people who say 'I like Donald Trump because he speaks his mind,' are following someone who's not really going to act in their best interests. That's what we're reacting to." He continued: "We are under siege. Politics has become reality television. It is ridiculous. "We have presidential candidates not being presidential at all, saying the most ludicrous stuff and the media regurgitates it, over and over. It is nothing to be proud about. So how can people not stand up and say 'this is BS'?"

Continue reading...