Nile: In The Beginning

biggsy said:
I'll have to agree with NFU on this one... Nile just is not my thing.

Not your thing and not good are two different things. :)

I've never heard In the Beginning, but overall I'd say their stuff is pretty awesome. I actually think "In Their Darkeneded Shrines" is their greatest achievement as of now... when I'm in the mood for it its a pretty perfect DM album.

Nile's about the heaviest thing I listen to, anything more extreme would probably make me cry, but they are the best Egyptology themed Death Metal band in the world.

NF will no doubt now tell me about a much better (iho) Egyptian themed Death Metal band.

I'd actually be interested in hearing more strictly Egypt themed DM bands if there are any.

I think one of the things that really draws me to Nile is the fact that Egypt's history and culture are so interesting to me. I remember learning about Egypt in high school and being sooo interested in the unit because there were all these parts of it that I remembered from Nile songs. My teacher loved me during the Egypt unit cause I was acing every test :)

It's all well and good that some of you like Nile and some of you don't, but the question was: Why does the Nile: In The Beginning cd list 9 tracks when it only has 8? If anyone truly knows why, could you please fill me in? If anyone has an opinion about Nile, start another thread!

Has anyone seen Karl's new guitar?
KS2005w.JPG

Ha ha that's fucking superb!

Nile are fantastic, and that early album is also brilliant. I expected it to be really shit quality but it's not.
Melechesh are similar except they use Mesopotamian imagery rather than Egyptian.