Nils Norberg

Andreas can do that.

If you want technical guitar skill to give you orgasms, check out Mattias IA Eklundh's album "Freak Guitar - The Road Less Traveled."

But yeah, Norberg is friggin sweet. This song is awesome.

Yeah, Nils' sense of melody is amazing. The sweeping section near the end of "Never Trust" gives me chills.

froosch is right though, IA is insane. I've only heard his guest solos on Soilworks albums (Needlefeast is orgasmic), but the guy is amazing.

So, I think I actually asked this when I first came to the Skyfire forums.

What are some of the songs that give you chills right now? It's been about three or four years since I started coming here - have you found anything new and amazing?

Just looking through all my five-rated stuff in winamp, here's what I'm coming up with:

The intro to Back To Times of Splendor, the song, by Disillusion - wow. Simply wow. And when the guitars roar in...it's such a chillingly sweet and sorrowful introduction.

The solo of Arsis' Looking Towards Nothing...right after he howls 'And yet I look to you' - the harmonized soloing and rhythm is quite amazing.

Ayreon's Come Back To Me - when the distorted guitars slam in to the lyrics 'My whole world is black.'

Green Carnation's Light of Day, Day of Darkness is particularly enchanting during the second return of the theme 'And in this dream I concieved the perfect plan.'

Solefald's Crater of the Valkyries - at the end of the song when he sings about how the Valkyries will appear from the sky to him.

The entirety of White Pearl, Black Oceans is amazing.

I've always loved the outro to Mind Revolution, and the intro to Disarmonia Mundi's Morgue of Centuries.

Finntroll's Aldhissla is breathtaking in scope and its haunting imagery and poetry if translated.

Bal-Sagoth's A Tale From Deep Woods and When Rides the Scion of Storms are amazing in certain parts. "Ash for our spearhafts, yew for our bowstaves..." in A Tale and "They call me the scourge..." from When Rides are amazing feats of atmospheric keyboarding and guitar whamminess.

From Edge of Sanity's Crimson II, both Disintegration and Aftermath capture my imagination. The whisper of Swano over the triplet guitar makes for an eerie atmosphere, and the solos are amazing in this part of the song.

I've also found Haggard to be pretty sweet. The piano behind 'The Observer' playing behind Galileo's quote is rather haunting and beautiful.

I have more..but let me hear some of yours!