Nils Patrick Johanssen to Lion's Share

JonnyD said:
its hard to Compare Mr.Breed to NPJ hahaha NPJ looks like the Hunchback of Notre Dame for crying out loud hahahahaha and when you watch their video and interview on the PPV dvd its hard to believe that voice comes out of that man ... They had alot of fun and I do hope to see them again at Progpower ... the same goes for Brainstorm and Tad Morose ... though Urban being there will be a givin hahaha but I would really like to See Andy B. Frank at PP again! :D ... but YEAH we were both just Blown away by WH they were awsome hahaha our Jaws Dropped in Unison :)

While I hate to change the subject, I have to completely disassociate Urban Breed the vocalist and performer with Urban Breed the "pal" and Shaye's fiancee. I don't know that I have ever seen a frontman better than him. Of course I was already a TM nut when I saw them, but I was blown away with his stage presence and stage moves. TM HAS to play at PP again.

Bryant

Bryant said:
While I hate to change the subject, I have to completely disassociate Urban Breed the vocalist and performer with Urban Breed the "pal" and Shaye's fiancee. I don't know that I have ever seen a frontman better than him. Of course I was already a TM nut when I saw them, but I was blown away with his stage presence and stage moves. TM HAS to play at PP again.

Bryant

Oh Yeah and without a Shadow of a doubt they will play PP again!! I am hoping maybe Morgana Lefay too as I would love to see them ... but it would also be cool to Charles do his guest parts with TM ... And I would definately would like to see TM HEADLINE! Friday or Saturday and Brainstorm to get the other night ..... oh and not to change the subject again .... but .... I have you to blame for my recent Angra kick!!! I have Had Acid Rain stuck in my head since Progpower!!! :headbang: hahaha I have bought both Rebirth and Temple of Shadows because of riding in your van hahaha

JonnyD said:
..... oh and not to change the subject again .... but .... I have you to blame for my recent Angra kick!!! I have Had Acid Rain stuck in my head since Progpower!!! :headbang: hahaha I have bought both Rebirth and Temple of Shadows because of riding in your van hahaha

Well Angra sometimes gets a little "typicalL powermetal, but they have some real gems like the tune you mentioned and the following one "Heroes of Sand." Much like the first Dreamscape drummer, Aquiles Priester is absolutely a machine. The fucker also looks like a male supermodel. I'm not going to take a picture next to him. I'll look like NPJ (see I tied this in to the original post.) Anyway, I hated Edu was off so bad, because it is out of the norm for him/them. They are normally tough to beat and a great band. Total professionals.

Bryant

here is a message from NPJ

"Perhaps some of you read the statement on BLABBERMOUTH that I'm now officially the singer of Lion's Share. I'm thrilled about it since I love to write vocal-melodies and lyrics, and will be deeply involved in the songwriting-process in LS.

My participation in Lion's Share will not interfere with my "hometown-band" Astral Doors whatso-ever. I'll never let them crazy bastards down, and our new album is in progress.

As you probably know, I'm also the singer of Erik Ravns baby Wuthering Heights, and if Erik wants me to sing on the next album; I will sure as Hell do it! You won't get rid of me!

Finally: I've had many offers from various bands over the last 2-3 years, some of them very good. I've said "no thanks" to everyone, just because I don't wanna end up as some over-exposed session-singer.

I'm pleased with my current situation and I hope you'll continue checking out my work!

Love you guys!

/Patrik Johansson"

That surely cleans any doubts regarding the subject, thanks JD.

This was posted on the WH intromental page in the latest new for the band.

"Perhaps some of you read the statement on BLABBERMOUTH that I'm now officially the singer of Lion's Share. I'm thrilled about it since I love to write vocal-melodies and lyrics, and will be deeply involved in the songwriting-process in LS.

My participation in Lion's Share will not interfere with my "hometown-band" Astral Doors whatso-ever. I'll never let them crazy bastards down, and our new album is in progress.

As you probably know, I'm also the singer of Erik Ravns baby Wuthering Heights, and if Erik wants me to sing on the next album; I will sure as Hell do it! You won't get rid of me!

Finally: I've had many offers from various bands over the last 2-3 years, some of them very good. I've said "no thanks" to everyone, just because I don't wanna end up as some over-exposed session-singer.

I'm pleased with my current situation and I hope you'll continue checking out my work!

Love you guys!

/Patrik Johansson"

BTW there is a LIVE DVD coming out for the prog fest show in Atlanta! fucking uber PWNAGE. Nice to finally meet some other WH fans. it is like a breath of fresh air.

oh crap it was already posted.... Anyway. I like all three albums. they are all great.

I just ordered the 2nd WH album. I've pretty much been living on FFtMC for the past year, but I need a new folk metal fix (afraid of wearing it out, if that is possible). From the song samples I've heard on To Travel To Evermore though, that old Tad Morose singer can't quite hold a candle to Nils. Still sounds pretty damn good though.

I was so desperate for folk metal that Slough Feg just arrived in my mailbox today! Heard alot of raving about them. It's good, no doubt, and very folky...but it's not on par with Far From the Madding Crowd.

NP: Slough Feg - Avatism

Trans-Siberian Outcast said:
I just ordered the 2nd WH album. I've pretty much been living on FFtMC for the past year, but I need a new folk metal fix (afraid of wearing it out, if that is possible). From the song samples I've heard on To Travel To Evermore though, that old Tad Morose singer can't quite hold a candle to Nils. Still sounds pretty damn good though.

I was so desperate for folk metal that Slough Feg just arrived in my mailbox today! Heard alot of raving about them. It's good, no doubt, and very folky...but it's not on par with Far From the Madding Crowd.

NP: Slough Feg - Avatism

Actually To Travel is a great album!!! granted Kristian Andren doesnt have the Pipes that NPJ has but he does a fine Job and the Music is Great!!! be sure to pick up "Within" too!!! Both are Excellent! :headbang:

I wqrote 2 reviews for within an TTFM in the "your reviews" section. i'll write one for FFTMC in a bit. please comment!

Does anyone know how to play some WH on guitar? I'm working on a tab for longing for the woods pt 2. heh.

JonnyD said:
Actually To Travel is a great album!!! granted Kristian Andren doesnt have the Pipes that NPJ has but he does a fine Job and the Music is Great!!! be sure to pick up "Within" too!!! Both are Excellent! :headbang:
Agreed with JD... once again :D

WH seem to get better with each album. But will they be able to top FFTMC? Lyrics can be improved, as for the music I'd be blown away to say the least if they could outdo themselves.

Fangface said:
Agreed with JD... once again :D

Lyrics can be improved, QUOTE]

WHAAA???? I like the lyrics. they are far better than most of the power metal lyrics. and they obviously had a lot of thought put into them

FFTMC may be a blessing in disguise to the band. It happened before when a band create such a jewel than the albums afterwards fails to get recognition for the obvious comparison.

Let's hope they can come with a worthy abum ready to be enjoyed by the listener, even if fails to top FFMTMC. ;)

NP Mesmerize - 'Lure Of The Temptress'

Even if they don't top it it will still be a kickass album. I'll probably remain a fan for quite a while.

ranma187 said:
WHAAA???? I like the lyrics. they are far better than most of the power metal lyrics. and they obviously had a lot of thought put into them
I didn't say they're crappy, I guess it's just that I'm not a huge fan of hobbits and elfs stories ;) No big deal anyway.

Fangface said:
I didn't say they're crappy, I guess it's just that I'm not a huge fan of hobbits and elfs stories ;) No big deal anyway.

the only songs on that entire album that are tolkien derived are Hobbits and Lament for lorien. The song Tree, has nothing to do with ents 'cause eitherwise it would be named "Ent". I had Asked Erik in an email what a lot of the lyrics were about. He said they are based on his own experience but written more in mythology. basically, he's created his own mythology. anyway, I'm just glad there's no dragonslaying in it.