NINE INCH NAILS: Performance Clip From 'Austin City Limits' Show

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
"Austin City Limits" ("ACL") has announced a special broadcast featuring NINE INCH NAILS making a rare television appearance in an epic, full-hour performance. The new episode premieres on Saturday, April 5 as a preview of "ACL"'s 40th Anniversary Season. NIN's arena-worthy "ACL" debut showcases ten songs, and will encore during the PBS music series Season 40, launching in the fall of 2014. "ACL" airs weekly on PBS stations nationwide (check local listings for times) and full episodes are made available online at immediately following the initial broadcast. "ACL" just wrapped up its current season of new episodes and the Peabody Award-winning series continues to broadcast fan-favorite encore episodes weekly until the new season premieres this fall. Viewers can stay tuned to acltv.com for episode schedules, news regarding live streams of upcoming tapings and 40th-anniversary updates.NINE INCH NAILS joins the list of legendary artists that have performed on "ACL". NIN's Trent Reznor and the seven-piece Tension Tour band — Alessandro Cortini, Josh Eustis, Robin Finck, Lisa Fischer, Sharlotte Gibson, Pino Palladino and Ilan Rubin — deliver an electrifying performance that is a masterpiece of tension and release. In his remarks from the "ACL" stage, Reznor said: "We didn't want to make 'ACL' a NIN show. We wanted to be out of our element." Reznor added in a recent Reddit AMA: "I have a lot of respect for 'ACL' and I wanted us to be a guest on their show, not to convert their show into our concert. It was unusual to perform in that environment, and ended up being one of the best shows I think we played."NIN delivers one of the best live shows on the planet, is considered a pioneer in the industrial music movement and has been highly influential in the evolution of electronic music. The band recently released its first album in five years, the critically acclaimed "Hesitation Marks", which Spin magazine called "the most important artistic statement from Reznor since the late 90s" and Rolling Stone hailed "one of his best" in a four-star lead review.

More...