Nintendo 3ds anyone?

Felix Neumann

Sep 14, 2008
Germany
www.youtube.com
Hey dudes!

I´m a Nintendo fan since decades, grown up with it, inclusive console wars N64 versus PS1 :Spin: Now I´m very excited checking out the new 3DS. Hands on reports sounded very promising! 3D experience without googles sounds really cool to me.

The only thing I don´t know yet, what game I should buy for release. Maybe Street Fighter or Pilotwings 3D...not sure. Any guys here checked it out already? I heared there are gameshops offering test sessions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, Ocarina of time is one of the best games I´ve ever played, together with Goldeneye & Perfect Dark :) Unfortunately it´ll be not released at 25. March (at least here in germany), but of course I´ll grab one copy, when it´s available.

My girlfriend works in Game, so we went in and played on them the other day. After 5 minutes I felt like my head was going to explode.

The 3d looks cool, but it made her and I feel fucking terrible...

Really?? :zombie: D´oh

Maybe it´s a matter of getting used to the 3d effect? I´m very corious about to check it out for myself. For the case it´ll not work for me, I have to give it back, I guess..o_O :cry:

I really like the technology but I heard the battery time was really weak, especially when playing in 3D mode.

Would love to try one though! Love me some ocarina of time!

Oh yeah, also Starfox 64 and Mario 64 will be released on 3DS. I´m not the biggest fan of recycling old games, but these ones aren´t playable today on N64 without getting eye cancer. I heared about the battery time is about 5hours without - and 4 hours with 3D mode on.

Really?? :zombie: D´oh

Maybe it´s a matter of getting used to the 3d effect? I´m very corious about to check it out for myself. For the case it´ll not work for me, I have to give it back, I guess..o_O :cry:

Yeah, I keep hearing the same story everywhere. In fact i've yet to hear/read a reference to the 3DS that's not followed closely by the word "headaches".

The guy who reviewed the 3DS for Gizmodo ended up turning the 3D off after a day because it was burning the eyes out of his head.

As for getting used to it, i'd be very worried about "getting used to it", especially with younger people. If it's causeing slamming head-aches for a lot of people then there is potential for some savage eye damage over a period of time.

Definitely looking forward to getting one once Chocobo Racing 3D comes out. Not much of a selection of games yet, but I'm sure that will change.

Hehe yeah; Chocobo Racing it's a Final Fantasy spin-off Kart Racing game on the PS1. Been playing that shit since 1999 :D. People talk about Crash Team Racing, which was amazing and all that; but CR had an unrivaled depth for such a light-hearted game, even compared to Mario Kart (for one, characters are ranked out of 5 stats of 20 points each, unlike each other Kart Racer focusing on merely 3 or 4 stats and points).

Anyway, yeah, after all these years they intend to release a new game on the 3DS. My childhood dream come true, so I'm stoked hehe. Multiplayer awesomeness, you bet ;).

Other games I'm excited for are Metal Gear, Professor Layton (from the DS series of games) Street Fighter 3D and a football game, either PES or FIFA.

Any other games you recommend?:popcorn:

Haha this sounds great! Will check this Chocobo racing out. Never heared about it!

I decided to buy Street Fighter as a launch title. Ocarina of time 3D, Resident Evil Mercandary 3D, Metal Gear Solid and Starfox 64 unfortunately come later a few months, but those are on my list! I wanna wait out some hands on reviews first. Street Fighter may be AWESOME what I´ve read so far. Great online multiplayer options and enormous amount. Did you see the Metal Gear trailer? Of course 3D isn´t viewable, but with a bit phantasy it´s imaginable how great the 3D effect can be :)

About the football games, unfortunately I didn´t hear any brilliant comments about PES 3D so far, so I hope FIFA will be the shit for the 3DS.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, Snake Eater looks like it will offer quite a few thrills on the 3DS! Hopefully, it will live up to its name. I am a bit sceptical about this console to be honest. I really hope it kicks major ass, and it probably will, despite the reviews of short battery life and eye strain after a certain time. However, it all comes down to the content available. If the games fall short initially, that would suck. This isn't to say that developers won't make better use of the hardware as time progresses; I can speak about the PS consoles where games have only progressed after the initial release. My concern is that developers will rush releases and come out with lackluster games.

This will be my first handheld since the gameboy advance, so I am pretty excited for this experience. I just hope I won't end up losing it as I do with most portable devices :cry:.

I played Super Street Fighter on the PS3 and I loved it. I'm guessing this game will incorporate all that content from what I've read. Playing online will definitely be fun.

Can't wait to hear about your experiences! Keep us posted. :D

I'm a big Nintendo fan. Worse graphics than other consoles, but much more addictive games. I used to be a game junkie back in the 80's... now I spend all my free time in music, but from time to time I play Wii or NDS.

As soon as I can I will go to a store to check the 3DS. It is better to try it for a while... I don't want to end cross-eyed!
crosseyed.jpg

I hate the fact they're always far behind in the graphics. Even this, Snake Eater was a PS2 title, while Sony's PSP successor is reported to feature PS3-like graphics. I love Nintendo, but I always end up favoring other products over theirs. Moreover, some iPhone games (Infinity Blade, anyone?) are catching up on the gap. I hardly play my DS since I got iPhone 4

That said, the 3DS obviously looks really awesome.

Although I´m a Nintendo fan, a certain basic scepticism I have about the console. My ears are fucked already (currently playing drums ins a band), don´t wanna have problems with my eyes, too :lol: I will check this out and give you a detailed hands on report then. @Jevil this picture scares me to death hahaha is this Mario?

3 days to go and I can test it!

I hate the fact they're always far behind in the graphics. Even this, Snake Eater was a PS2 title, while Sony's PSP successor is reported to feature PS3-like graphics. I love Nintendo, but I always end up favoring other products over theirs. Moreover, some iPhone games (Infinity Blade, anyone?) are catching up on the gap. I hardly play my DS since I got iPhone 4

That said, the 3DS obviously looks really awesome.

eh. Most iPhone games are fun for a few hours, a few days max. A very select few last weeks, but you're only playing 30 mins at a time. Infinity Blade had insane graphics, but the gameplay itself is REALLY repetitive and boring.

Super Smash Bros, Mario Kart, Ocarina of Time are still kick ass games 10 years later. I haven't played any recent games so I can't comment on those, but Nintendo know what the fuck they're doing.

I'll definitely check this out.. I haven't owned a handheld since my Gameboy Colour.

I am curious, but personally I'm holding out for Sony's NGP... Better (or at least more appealing for me) launch titles, and insane potential for novelty applications as well as the more console-style gaming I'm after :D