NIRVANA 2002!!!!!!!!!

khaos666

Mar 31, 2009
Relapse Records said:
Relapse Records will release a collection of recordings from the Swedish death metal outfit NIRVANA 2002. The highly underrated yet influential band only released a series of demos and splits during their existence through the late 80’s and early 90’s. This collection, Recordings 89-91, will compile almost all of the band’s recorded works onto one disc, including previously unreleased songs and a brand new remix of their legendary demo Disembodied Spirits.

NIRVANA 2002’s vocalist / guitarist Orvar Säfström (who later joined ENTOMBED) commented on Recordings 89-91: “It's been 20 years since the first recordings on this CD were made. Last summer three middle aged guys sneaked into an old rehearsal space in Edsbyn, Sweden. They shared a quart of rum and played old school death metal all night. That night I felt it all coming back to me. The excitement and the all out exhilarating fury of playing in a death metal band. I felt alive. I felt like a kid again.”

Recordings 89-91 features extensive liner notes from Säfström in addition to an introduction from Tomas Lindberg (AT THE GATES, DISFEAR). This collection will be available on CD and a limited run of LPs. Recordings 89-91 is set for a November 10th North American release date, November 16th internationally, and is available for pre-order at this location. NIRVANA 2002 audio samples can be heard online now via the band’s MySpace page: MySpace.com/DisembodiedSpirits.

Just pre-ordered my bundle!

cmon now dave!! they formed in the same year..off the top of my head...as the well known "nirvana".

check this stuff out. you will dig it im sure of it!

I saw them at DeathFest. they were below par. not really exciting than Pentagram that were playing on the other stage

Well they were kinda boring on stage and allot of people were telling me they might breakup soon. Dunno why

But they were put on the bill in the first place to replace Malevolent Creation that stupidly put up their hand and then pulled out 3 months before the festival saying we have to record an album