NIRVANA, AEROSMITH, QUEEN, JIMI HENDRIX Among 2018 'Grammy Hall Of Fame' Inductees

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
Continuing its ongoing commitment to preserving and celebrating timeless recordings, the Recording Academy has announced the newest inductions to its distinctive Grammy Hall Of Fame. The latest additions recognize a diverse range of both singles and album recordings at least 25 years old that exhibit qualitative or historical significance. Each year recordings are reviewed by a special member committee comprised of eminent and knowledgeable professionals from all branches of the recording arts, with final approval by the Recording Academy's National Board of Trustees. With 25 new titles, the Hall, now in its 45th year, currently totals 1,063 recordings and is on display at Grammy Museum L.A. Live. "The Grammy Hall Of Fame strives to embody the changing climate of music throughout these past decades, always acknowledging the diversity of musical expression for which the Academy has become known," said Neil Portnow, president/CEO of the Recording Academy. "Iconic and inspiring, these recordings are an integral part of our musical, social, and cultural history, and we are proud to have added them to our growing catalog." Representing myriad tracks and albums, the 2018 Grammy Hall Of Fame inductees range from David Bowie's "Space Oddity" to Jimi Hendrix's "Band Of Gypsys". The highly reputed list also features NIRVANA's "Nevermind", GLADYS KNIGHT & THE PIPS' "I Heard It Through The Grapevine", PUBLIC ENEMY's "Fight The Power", Whitney Houston's "I Will Always Love You", QUEEN's "A Night At The Opera", Linda Ronstadt's "Heart Like A Wheel" and Sam Cooke's "Bring It On Home To Me". Other inductees include recordings by AEROSMITH, LOUIS ARMSTRONG & HIS HOT FIVE, Johnny Cash, Arthur "Big Boy" Crudup, Dr. Dre, Thomas Alva Edison, FOUR TOPS, Billie Holiday, the KING COLE TRIO, Hugh Masekela, Mike Oldfield, PARLIAMENT, Billy Paul, THE ROLLING STONES, Leon Russell and Andy Williams. For a full list of recordings inducted into the Grammy Hall Of Fame, go to this location.

Continue reading...