NIRVANA Members To Appear On 'Tonight Show' Ahead Of ROCK HALL Induction

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
According to The Pulse Of Radio, NIRVANA members Dave Grohl and Krist Novoselic will appear as guests this Wednesday night (April 9) on NBC's "The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon", one night before they're inducted into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame on Thursday (April 10). Grohl, Novoselic and late frontman Kurt Cobain will be inducted by R.E.M. frontman Michael Stipe in a ceremony at Brooklyn's Barclay Center.Other honorees include KISS, Peter Gabriel, HALL AND OATES, Cat Stevens, Linda Ronstadt and THE E STREET BAND.One person who won't be attending the Hall Of Fame induction is Grohl's current bandmate, FOO FIGHTERS drummer Taylor Hawkins, who told The Pulse Of Radio why he's skipping it. "That's not my band," he said. "I was a kid. Not that much of a kid, but I — no, I'm not part of that. Nor do I care to be. That's gonna be kind of awesome and interesting, you know, but no, that's their thing. You know, it's Dave and Pat [Smear, guitarist for both bands] and obviously Krist Novoselic. So yeah, I'll just be congratulating them over the TV." Last Saturday (April 5) marked the 20th anniversary of Cobain's death from a self-inflicted gunshot wound.Accepting at the induction ceremony will be Cobain's widow, Courtney Love, who has a longstanding feud with Grohl and Novoselic over the use of NIRVANA's music.

More...