Nita announces solo album

Traxan

Mar 10, 2012
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/al...really-excited-about-her-upcoming-solo-album/

In a recent interview with David "Gus" Griesinger of BackstageAxxess.com, former THE IRON MAIDENS guitarist Nita Strauss, who last year joined Alice Cooper's touring band, spoke about her upcoming solo album.

"I'm really excited about it," she said. "There's not a whole lot to tell. I mean, I'm writing and working on it with some great other musicians and kind of putting the whole thing together."

She continued: "It's weird writing a solo album, 'cause I'm a band person; I've always been a band member. So it's weird writing an album where I don't have anybody to bounce ideas off. This is all… For better or for worse, this is what I've got."

Asked when she expects to release her solo CD, Nita said: "Judging by the way my calendar is looking, it's probably gonna be, like, 2040. [Laughs] But hopefully next year."

----------

And typical of Blabbermouth, it features a terribly unflattering picture of her.

:headbang: VERY VERY cool!!! :headbang: So glad to see she is making the most of her new found spotlight. I was actually wondering if she was going to do this a couple of weeks ago. It makes sense as the next thing to do. Orianthi did it (though that doesn't have anything to do with Nita doing one). It's just a smart and natural progression IMO. Awesome!

Actually Orianthi's album came before she got the Alice gig. Unfortunately she worked with those one-trick ponies The Matrix and her album sounded just like Avril Lavigne and that awful sellout album Liz Phair did. Was a total waste of a great talent.