No MACABRE for Powerfest

Jasonic

Doom On!
Apr 14, 2004
West Burbs of Chicago
I know some had recommended them in previous threads.
Not sure if they were ever given any consideration.

Here are their tour dates. They are already booked that weekend...

"Murder metallers" MACABRE have lined up the following dates:

Apr. 18 - Evansville, IN @ 1123
Apr. 19 - Cincinnati, OH @ Top Cat's
Apr. 20 - Pittsburgh, PA @ Lawrenceville Moose
Apr. 21 - Saratoga Springs, NY @ Backstreet Billiards
Apr. 22 - Cleveland, OH @ Peabody's Downunder

I am not sure if they were ever being considered or not.
I haven't seen these guys in a couple years.
Surprised there are no chi-town dates on their tour.

yeah they do. They drew about 200 to 250 at the Bottom Lounge. Wasnt that the turnout for Powerfest last year?

"They" didn't draw 200-250...the show did...as did the venue itself (it has a "regulars" crowd of at least 50 every Fri & Sat).

I saw them last year at the Metro, and they drew about 25-35 ppl...tops.

I have only seen Macabre a couple times, and each time I would say they drew a couple hundred. As I said before though, I haven't seen them in over 2 years. Not sure if their appeal has faded.

Rob - Not sure why you would think they wouldn't be a fit. Serious question. Can you explain why?

Which show did you see them at for the Metro??

Well, actually...what was even more pathetic was that it was a fest that they ended up headlining called the Windy City Invitational.

It was back in October of 2005 & they were originally 2nd to last, right before Kittie, but Kittie got held up at the Canadian border or some shit, which put Macabre in the last spot.

Why would you say that? Just curious.

Well, for one...none of us are fans of the band, and that is the #1 priority.

IMO, they've got a great gimmick going with the whole serial killer thing, but they really don't have much else to offer...sorry.

Plus, giving them credit for drawing 200-250 at their "holiday horror" shows for example, is like giving Ozzy all the credit for the draws at Ozzfest...no fucking way!

Well, actually...what was even more pathetic was that it was a fest that they ended up headlining called the Windy City Invitational.

It was back in October of 2005 & they were originally 2nd to last, right before Kittie, but Kittie got held up at the Canadian border or some shit, which put Macabre in the last spot.

I was at that fest...to begin. It was the total wrong crowd for Macabre. It was mainly a hardcore show. People didnt know what to think when Leaves Eyes played. That was a long ass day. It was handled so badly. Lots of wasted time. I got there around noon and waited 2 hours for Leaves Eyes and then had to wait till 9 to watch 4 Kataklysm songs and then wait till Macabre got 3 songs. It was such a bad show for everyone involved due to the mix mash of bands. The reason there was no one there for Macabre was that everyone was bored and that it was a long day and most of the hardcore kids dont even know who Macabre was.

Worst part was that I live like 10 minutes from there and I was stuck inside all day with no Ins and Outs. Never do that again.