No more Arcturus

:OMG:

I was actually praying to God hoping (yep, you read that correctly), that just possibly this was some ridiculous "joke thread." Man, I didn't see this one coming at all...:erk: I mean, shit, one of my favourite bands....this sucks, this really sucks.

Sideshow Symphonies, while being kickass, was hardly their best effort, pherhaps this was a wise decision. I remember sharing stage with them at Mölla last year, great act.

Sideshow Symphonies, while being kickass, was hardly their best effort, pherhaps this was a wise decision. I remember sharing stage with them at Mölla last year, great act.

Yes, overall, maybe a tad bit weaker than the previous Arcturus albums, but to me Sideshow Symphonies still has one of the all-time best songs from the band, Evacuation Code Deciphered. Seriously, the middle part is absolutely stunning with the included female vocals and the amazing instrumentation thereafter. I just wish the rest of the album was as brilliant as the first 4 tracks.

I bet they could do better, but now we'll never have the opportunity to hear it as they have called the quits.

No big loss to me. I always thought these guys were extremely overrated, with the exception of the Aspera Hiems Symfonia, which is excellent.