Nocturnus - The Key

Blue_Jay said:
Listened to their songs on My Space and I didn't like any of them. I'm really sorry. I'll try them again sometime.

Nothing to be sorry about my friend. When I wrote the review I did my best to prepare people for a slightly different sound from Nocturnus by pointing out the sci-fi atmosphere, and the cheesy keyboards. Anyway, give it another try later and remember that the sound quality on a lot of them MP3's are lousy.

A truly great album, which makes reading your review funny cause you sound like you didn't like it. Nocturnus were ahead of their time IMO.

Nocturnus had crap keyboards. And their keyboard played had a shocker of a mullet. Apart from that they were ok as far as I remember.

Gaaaah, I remember these guys. Good band, some cool guitar playing too. Always loved how "Lake of Fire" started out with that UFO stuff - cheezy but so goddamned headbangable. "Before Christ / After Death" was probably the best song though.

I remember Crypt of Kerberos doing something similar a few years later, though without the keyboards and a bit less thrashy. That was just their full-length though, the previous stuff was heavier I think.