9 Neurosis The Eye of Every Storm 25 points
10 Finntroll 22 points
10 Hate Forest 22 points
12 Crowpath Red on Chrome 18 points
13 Wood of Ypres Pursuit of the Sun and Allure of the Earth 16 points
14 Graveland 14 points
14 Pig Destroyer 14 points
14 Blat Aus Nord 14 points

Revised Happenings, Finntroll and Hate Forest enter the list after a strong late showing finishing tied for 10th. Orphaned land dropped from #3 to #6. Nasheim (#3 up from #5) moved up and Deathspell retained its #4 position , Mastodon jumped 3 spots (#4 up from #7), and Neurosis moved up one spot ( #9 up from #10). The Chasm dropped from #6 to #7 despite adding points. Crowpath dropped from #10 to #12.

Drudkh and Isis retained their dominance over the #1 and #2 positions. Enslaved added points, but strangely kept the same position.

Whoa, there's Mastodon. Man, if every song was as great as Seabeast that would've been in my top 3, but that album really drags toward the end. Apparently it's getting some mainstream press at year end, which is a step in the right direction I suppose.

Isis should be ranked in my top 10, that album totally rocks. Realized that about 3 days too late. :dopey:

Drags towards the end? I'll have to disagree, as Hearts Alive towers over everything else on the album and the closing instrumental is the perfect way to relax after the epic. For me, the biggest difference between this and the staff list, though not really surprsing, is that the only albums with no death vocals are Isis and Neurosis...

Well, it's 6:25pm EST on the first working day of 2005.

Is this accumulated non RC list final now? Not sure if J ever did a top 10 while I was gone last week....