North American release date set for Scorpions "Unbreakable"

TheGraveDigger

Heavy Metal Maniac
Sep 29, 2002
Union, NJ, USA
Veteran German hard rockers SCORPIONS have set a June 22 North American release date through Sanctuary Records for their new album, "Unbreakable". The follow-up to 1999's "Eye II Eye", which was released in Europe earlier this month, was recorded at Peppermint Park Studio in Hannover, Germany and was mixed at Wisseloord studios in Hilversum, Holland. The band, who recently announced the addition of Polish bassist Pawel Maciwoda (SECTION 31, URBANATOR) to their ranks, are also working on a DVD which should be released later in the year.
--------------------------

I can't wait for this new album. Heard one of the new songs on the Tour Bus last night (local radio show) and it was awesome. Sounds like its going to be much better than that Eye II Eye crap they put out last.

I've just heard "Unbreakable" and it's not bad, really. It cannot "Blackout" or "In Trance" by any means, still it's pretty good in my opinion.

Maybe the best they've done for... oh, for a long long time ;)

Heavymetalzombie666 said:
Did they actually use the writers of the Backstreet Boys and Nsync for this album or was that plan aborted?
ahah I don't know, if they did then they should also write similar songs for the BB or NSync ;)

I would recommend "Acoustica" keeping of the tradition of Trendwhore come lately, the put out an acoustic record, after their symphony disc...
That record kills, they did this acoustic version of "Dust in the Wind"
and a Cars song that the title escapes me at the momment. Am I gonna buy?
I don't know, the Scorps have become a shell of what they were. They are consistent. Consistently bad. I would rather shell out money for their box set that they have in the works.

What did you guys think fo the track Eye II Eye?
I thought that track was pretty good, compared to the rest of that record.
I also didn't mind "Mysterious" they played that on the Maximum Rock Tour.
They were great live, it's just that their choice of "keepers" for the records has
been poor. They used too many outside writers on that record, that will do it everytime.

I would need to hear some mp3s before I would purchase another Scorps CD. The last one I liked by them was "Savage Amusement." I think they released that shortly before Klaus and the boys surrendered to the Russian troups in Berlin.... well maybe it's not quite that old, but it's been a while.

Bryant

sixxswine said:
I don't know, the Scorps have become a shell of what they were. They are consistent. Consistently bad. I would rather shell out money for their box set that they have in the works.
I see your point but "Unbreakable" is the hardest album they've done for 15 years, they might not be finished yet :)

Bryant said:
I would need to hear some mp3s before I would purchase another Scorps CD. The last one I liked by them was "Savage Amusement." I think they released that shortly before Klaus and the boys surrendered to the Russian troups in Berlin.... well maybe it's not quite that old, but it's been a while.

Bryant
"Rhythm Of Love" from Savage Amusement is one of my all time favorites by the Scorps.