Not exactly Floored by the new Nightwish

I actually stopped caring about 12 years ago, but for some reason my interest was reignited last year and I am really excited for the new release.

I didn't even know this band still existed or that anybody cared after they turned 16.

16? I thought the band's larger audience was middle-aged guys. Isn't there a fest in Atlanta for those dues, Midlife Crisis Metal festival.:lol:
Also noticed that bands like Nightwish had a lot of fans similar to those guys who bought Lady Death comics in the 90s all chick action figure variants. Just an observations, have my own theories on it.
I actually might check it out with Floor; Nightwish first couple of albums were k, and so was After Forever dirst couple. Somewhere they started turning into these teenie-booper concepts so I totally wrote off After Forever. Still she is an awesome singer, no way around that, just stuff like Re-vamp is pretty terrible.
As for what Nightwish became, yeah whatever, more of a Disney thing than what it startedf as.
I'm sure a new album with Floor will be just as boring as the past so many Nightwish, but it might deserve a second of my time.

:lol:

It's changed though. It's all about the Party scene now.

Some wild and crazy guys:rolleyes:
Actually its true, it got further and further away from a music fan audience each year. It was obvious to see in so many ways; vending was more than obvious, seeing familiar faces starting to drop out, and even talking to some people - as if they had not clue bands even played there. It became more of a 'look at me social event audience. It was sad watching the change over the years, but it DID happen. But I suppose it does with everything.
Another sign was the fact that the audience tends to ask for the same bands over and over again, as if the know nothing more exist.
But it does give those guys in their 40s a chance to break out that one black t shirt their wives will allow them to own and go out for a weekend and get "crazy". And well what is wrong with getting out of the monotony of everyday life every now and then? Nothing I say, as long as they have went out a picked up a second hand copy of those band's albums so they will have something for the bands to sign, even though they aren't really into those bands.

Some wild and crazy guys:rolleyes:
Actually its true, it got further and further away from a music fan audience each year. It was obvious to see in so many ways; vending was more than obvious, seeing familiar faces starting to drop out, and even talking to some people - as if they had not clue bands even played there. It became more of a 'look at me social event audience. It was sad watching the change over the years, but it DID happen. But I suppose it does with everything.

Yep. That whole Andrew WK horseshit in a nutshell. Look at ME! I want to be seen with Andrew. I want to have a selfie and then Party! Who gives a shit about the bands that were actually hired to play? Fuck those guys on stage. I want my own entertainer to entertain ME!

It's like a lot of other fests and shows. There are people there for the music, but there's always going to be those people who are just there to hang out. I don't get that type.

It's like a lot of other fests and shows. There are people there for the music, but there's always going to be those people who are just there to hang out. I don't get that type.

If you are saying that occurs at other fest then yeah maybe, but not nearly on the same scale. The fest was different in the beginning and started to change more rapidly over the years. Seems when the wife became involved that is when it changed into more of a weekend party party retreat than a metal festival. I had never thought of that before until a guy in TN. at a record show mentioned the theory, and well thinking back I'd say he was on to something.
But it doesn't matter; it is like all business, may have started with good intentions (about the music) but it evolved like everything does.