Not metal....Smashing Pumpkins....awesomeness

bryan_kilco

Nov 22, 2007
Poconos, PA
Loved these guys sooo much as a teen. Recently listened to Siamese Dream the entire way through with headphones on. What an amazing album. The guitar tones Billy got were fucking awesome!! What really got me was listening to the track "Silverfuck", near the end....there is a vocal effect when he sings the "bang bang, you're dead....hole in your head" part that blew my mind. I read that they reversed the vocals, added delay, and reversed again. But after listening to it a few times, it just sounds fucking awesome....seems as though there are a bunch of different takes that are ping-ponged left and right. Just seems so awesome for the time this album was made.

Anyway, maybe discuss some Smashing Pumpkins?

Can't really get much into their albums after Mellon Collie.....too much electronic stuff for my tastes. I feel Siamese Dream and Mellon Collie are their best work. SD will forever bring me back to being 12-15 years old.....

machina was pretty underrated (if you ask me).

flood produced this record... who is another one of my favorite producers.

this song rules!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nm4xv3firw&ob=av2n[/ame]

guitar tones are pure big muff. Drummer is amazing. songs are great on Siamese dream. I liked a few Zwan songs for this reason (sounds like they were meant to be on siamese dream)