Notation Software

Bling

New Metal Member
Dec 7, 2005
Chris -

Continuing our discussion from yesterday about notation software that also allows for looping - in thinking about it I'd rather use something "lighter" than ProTools (i.e. something that doesn't actually require a whole machine to run, and that would run well on a laptop). I've read that Sonar needs a lot of horsepower too. We talked about Finale (guitar version) and Sibelius. Anything else come to mind? Would BIAB work?

Thanks.

p.s. Mammoth's finally got a 2-3 foot base...

Bling said:
Chris -

Continuing our discussion from yesterday about notation software that also allows for looping - in thinking about it I'd rather use something "lighter" than ProTools (i.e. something that doesn't actually require a whole machine to run, and that would run well on a laptop). I've read that Sonar needs a lot of horsepower too. We talked about Finale (guitar version) and Sibelius. Anything else come to mind? Would BIAB work?

Thanks.

p.s. Mammoth's finally got a 2-3 foot base...
Hey Bling Ahahaha!!!
I'm sure there is notation software out there that is very light on CPU but I don't know what it would be, and I've never used Band in a Box for that pupose however it's worth a shot. I would definitly recomend starting with what you have because one of those applications will probably work for you and you can save the Bling for other things.

Take care, Chris.

Sorry Derrr...

Notation.... Oh well at least is another tip for someone else.