Nottingham Rock City

B

Badlad

Biff was right, the lighting guy was a prick!!!! Great lights for a disco but not for live bands. What the hell were they thinking at Rock City? Seeing moving lights is one thing, but the same movement all night, illuminating the BACK of the band or the crowd, whilst guitar solos came and went with nothing to pick the guys out.......! Obviously the shiteaters at Rock Shitty make so much money they just couldn't give a @#%$!! (Actually I was stood behind the Lighting Jock and he clearly had no clue how to edit any of the lighting programs. Probably a YTS, told to just "press that button there". He couldn't even stop the lights when Biff told him to!!!! Bless him, his moment of glory, chance to impress the birds, shattered by Biff the Mighty bringing him down to size! )
The gig? Oh yes, what do you expect? It "were fooking fabulous"! ( Which brings me to another point, for the first time after seeing Saxon xxxx times, Biff never swore! Not once!!! Probably due to his nippers being present, but strange nontheless! Jeez, first Ozzy refraining from shouting "Let's go @#%$ crazy!!" at the Palace, now Biff. He didn't even swear at the lighting twat!!! Now that's self-control!
So, all the faves, apart from 20,000ft (boo!) highlighted by the welcome "This Town Rocks" (I reckon I haven't heard that live since the Crusader tour. Can this be right?). So Biff tore up the set-list, so Wheels of Steel had been played, so the band were going off-stage, so I shouted myself hoarse (along with loooooads of others) for Crusader. SO they came back and played it. I don't know if it was part of the set, but I'd like to think it was because of ME (and the others) yelling!!
One final thing. Towards the end of the set several little Pu-Metal kiddies came in and obviously started to take the piss. However, before I could go and stick my metaphoric @#%$ up their collective arse, I noticed they had actually shut up and were banging along to the music as if they actually enjoyed it, rather than doing Beavis and Butthead impressions. They would doubtless sneer and deny it, but it was obvious that Saxon weren't quite the shite they had expected them to be, despite the fact they hadn't got stupid trousers that made them look like they had shat themselves, or were just growling over rasping guitars and samples. Now how many bands that these kiddies love will be able to silence their critics in 20 years? Hmmm, time will tell.
Sooooo, great gig guys, come back to play the UK soon. We do still love ya!!!
PS. Great drummer though he is, is he the spitting image of Harry Enfield in a syrup or what???!!!!

So which room did they play in? The main one or downstairs in "Disco 2".....or maybe even "The Rig"?

Thanx for answering. Wow thats great news! Maybe things are turning around for them in the UK. Wish i'd gone.

i went to bradford
crusader wasnt played there or bands played on or this town rocks or thin red line so i guess that they swap it around each night , class or what !!!!!!!!!!!