November's Doom needs a 12-foot tall Turnip Head

metalprof

Ken Luther
Mar 11, 2005
Valparaiso, IN
faculty.valpo.edu
How's that for a subject line that needs explanation??

In the P-fest forum, I commented that I was reminded of the artwork on TPHD after seeing Miyazaki's animated film Howl's Moving Castle. There's a scarecrow character called Turnip Head in that movie with the same beat-up clothes and top hat as the scarecrow images onTPHD and I couldn't help but associate the two.

So with November's Doom having more gigs coming up this year, I thought I'd suggest that you have someone make you a big 12-foot tall Turnip Head to help with your stage show, sort of like Iron Maiden has the 12-foot tall Eddie. That'd be cool. He and Larry could bang their heads together, and Paul could bust out some MMA moves on him during Dark World Burden. Let me know if you need the number of a good seamstress.

No need to thank me for this excellent idea.

BTW, I recommend Howl's Moving Castle to everyone. You may like it or not, but I'll guarantee you've never seen anything like it! It's one strange ride.

Ken

Well, we can get former bassist Brian to do the part (Though he is closer to 12 inches tall than 12 feet tall!) Shazaam!!!
(NOTE: Jasonic is not THAT much taller than Brian is, so I am kinda jabbing myself there...)

Note to Ken - You should know better than to include the apostrophe in NOVEMBERS DOOM...... :)

1.) This entire thread is confusing to me. lol

2.) What former bassist Brian are you referring to? Ours? He's not short, he's around my height. Nunez is the short one. Making fun of short people or ex-bandmembers is not nice, shame on you lol

Larry - reread my original post.
I am on the shorter as well
(If I recall, I am about your exact height).

I was referring to ND's bassist before Chris
(Guy who was in AVERNUS).

You could bring out the turnip head and just massacre it on stage without anyone inside it. I'm sure that would turn a few heads.