Novembre members side-project/guest apperances

Nostalgiaplatz

So why not moving?
Dec 20, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Today while searching dc++ hubs for (Eventual) new bootlegs, I found a song of this italian melodeath band called "Nightward" where Carmelo Orlando appeared as a guest. I have been listening to it for about 1hour now, the song is not very interesting, but the vocal line/melody IS JUST AWESOME! I'd dare to say his best melody! It made me feel in the way I did feel when I first heard Wish I Could Dream It Again *shivers down the spine* :worship:

So, for those of you curious, I am sharing the song:

http://fotoblu.infinita.org/Nightward_06_Blick_In_Den_Traum_feat.Carmelo.Orlando.from.NOVEMBRE.mp3

Add something to the list if you know more than what I am going to post, I know I am not going to post all of them but I don''t feel like typing a lot today as I am so excited about this mp3 that I can't stop thinking about Materia!

Giuseppe Orlando:

Abstracta - T.R.I.P [Drums] - Progressive Metal
Klimt 1918 Promo, Undressed Momento, Dopoguerra [As producer - some backing vocals and drumming] - Post-Modern Melancolic Rock
Ghoul [Session Drummer] - Death Metal?
Rosae Crucis - [Drums] Heavy Metal

Carmelo Orlando:
Nightward [Guest]

Massimiliano:
Oceana [Side project: Guitar/main composer]

I am still astonished by it, apparently was just me, two of the peers I talked to from this forum seemed to find it so-so. Meh... I love it! (Well, only Carmelo's appearance)

Haha, I actually know the two guitarists in Nightward, I helped them with lyrics and things of that sort (English translations for unrecorded songs) I haven't spoke to them in awhile but yes I do know them. Nice guys, last I heard they were trying to get another album out, something with a bit more Novembre sound to it, but thats been at least 6 months ago so I'm not entirely sure. But that is a nice vocal line.

Cool, will be looking forward to catch their next album...but I doubt they'll ever make it similar to Novembre, they seem pretty young/unexperienced musicians, judging from their musical performance, but hopefully they make a masterpiece in the same vein and invite Carmelo again. :)

hi.
this is j from nightward.
i wrote that song in 2001 and i'm not that happy with it anymore, since it kinda sucks :) and well, yes, the best part is the one sung by carmelo, whom we just asked and who agreed extremely easily to do this thing. anyway, it was very nice to have the man on that demo.