Now offering mixing services

TheWinterSnow

Den Mørke Natt
Oct 22, 2008
Sacramento, CA
I just wanted to announce that I am looking to create a portfolio to charge bands for mixing services. Not only do I enjoy mixing music, but I could also use the money (hey at least I am honest).

I am still debating what type of rates are going to be. I am thinking 50-100 USD per song starting out is reasonable and will go up depending on how many requests I am getting and how shitty the bands that want their shit mixed. It may be too low considering the work I can produce, but I can't be too arrogant about it.

I will go the full nine yards in terms of making every mix sound as commercial ready as possible, for decent static rates regardless how long it takes, though I will not be one to let idiot bands take advantage over it.

I am going to be offering basic mixing services including:

Volume balancing
Effects (EQ, Compression, Saturation, Reverb etc.)
Mild Sample replacement
SD2.0/MF Sample library
Orchestra, Piano, and Synth libraries
*possible reamping* (for the real shit bands)

I currently don't have the ability to run hardcore sample replacement or quantizing, so the music has to be recorded tight, though I will do my best to fix shit in the mix as a last resort only.

Let me know what you guys think, and anyone that wants music mixed PM me or shoot an email to jmmixing@gmail.com to discuss rates, and the scope of work and all that Jazz. Fist handful of mixed tracks will be part of samples in my portfolio to show off what I can do if the artist(s) wish.

Its time for me to become like the rest of the professional engineers around here and join the ranks like everyone else :kickass: