Now Playing?

Okay ultima I know you will look here, my email to you is bouncing back!

This Gordian Knot project is probably one that will be of interest to many of you prog beasts, http://www.seanmalone.net

Some of these names (who play on various tracks) may be known by some of you; and some of these names are obvious legends in prog circles.

Sean Malone – bass, stick, guitar, keys, ebow, loops
Jason Gobel – guitar
Steve Hackett – guitar
Sean Reinert – V-drums
Bill Bruford – drums, Slit drum
Jim Matheos – guitar, nylon and steel string guitars

only a vocal on one track

I am liking this stuff very much....in my uneducated musical sense I am seeing/hearing some similarities with PoO.

Originally posted by lizard
This Gordian Knot project is probably one that will be of interest to many of you prog beasts, http://www.seanmalone.net

I am liking this stuff very much....in my uneducated musical sense I am seeing/hearing some similarities with PoO.

I actually picked this up a couple of weeks ago, and am pretty impressed with it... there's this really cool acoustic thing that Jim M. does on one of the songs, the title escapes me at the moment...but it definitely has a cool vibe to it. The whole CD is very cool. I would have to say that my favorite track though is: "Muttersprache"

~D

Originally posted by Dave - Power of Omens
I actually picked this up a couple of weeks ago, and am pretty impressed with it... there's this really cool acoustic thing that Jim M. does on one of the songs, the title escapes me at the moment...but it definitely has a cool vibe to it. The whole CD is very cool. I would have to say that my favorite track though is: "Muttersprache"

~D
that must be "Fischer's Gambit," where he plays the nylon stringed guitar, am I on the right track? on every other cut he's listed as just "guitar."

Originally posted by lizard
that must be "Fischer's Gambit," where he plays the nylon stringed guitar, am I on the right track? on every other cut he's listed as just "guitar."

That's the one!!! That's a really cool tune...anytime I hear acoustic nylon guitars, my ears just perk up...lol :lol:
and that song definitely caught my attention.
~D

This is some pretty cool stuff... www.mindsink.net

thumbsup.gif

I'm heavily into Freak Kitchen at the moment. I have 3 of their albums; Move, Freak Kitchen and Dead Soul Man.
Mattias is a fantastic guitarist, and the music is a pleasant and infrequent break, for me, from the technical complicated stuff I'm obsessed with :)

Rick, in an act of cruel irony, this is the one thread I hadn't checked in a while. I emailed you yesterday with the same link.
They are interesting, you're right. You've a nose for prog, my friend.

Just downloading some MindSink. Y'know, the MindSink logo's font is incredibly similar to another band. Can't think who, though ;)