NSW lost!

spawn

Apr 14, 2001
Oh the humanity!
Its just not fair!
Why, why WHY delilah!!!

Dammit, we lost...........i hate queensland just for those 80 minutes of the year, even more now they beat us...oh well at least it wasnt by 50 points i guess :D.
But i shall hold my head up high as we shall win the next 2!

Don't worry, Phloggy, it's only been going for 20 years :)

Rugby league players who started their careers in Qld vs Rugby league players who started their careers in NSW battle it out in vicious battle. It's state against state, it's mate against mate, and stuff like that!

Before State of Origin started, interstate matches were played with players playing for their state of residence, so you would see guys like Arthur Beetson playing for NSW and that sort of thing. NSW invariably dominated each year as the main rugby league competition was played in Sydney.

Hang on, I just misread Phloggy's post and thought he had never heard of it before. Oh well, I hope that was a nice history lesson for a few of you :confused:

You should have also mentioned the 50 point smashing nsw gave qld last year.....just to cheer me up after the horror that was last night :)

Don't worry, NSW will win game 2 after they get rid of guys like Ainscough, Hughes, Fittler, Croker, MacDougall, Gidley, De Vere, Priddis, Kimmorley, Kearns, Stevens, Howe, Barrett, Hindmarsh, Vella, Fletcher and Kennedy :)

Yeah, the Blues will come good in games 2 and 3.
The return of David Peachy (Go the sharks) will add a spark to their attack. Not that Hughes played badly, but Peachy is a freak. Also, Girdler will be back in for DeVere in the 2nd game hopefully. He is the best centre in the game. DeVere was real quiet last night.
I thought Trent Barrett played well when he was on the field. Only for 20 mins, should have come on earlier. Paul Green and Lockyer were great for QL, but I hate Tallis. What a poof mate!
Darren Lockyer's brother used to live at my place, in the granny flat out the back :)
Just some interesting Footy related bullshit to add to this thread.

Yeah, the Blues played very poorly. Very flat in both attack and defence. The Qld forwards looked a cut-above as well, an unusual feat for the Northerners :)

Game 2 will prove the turnaround though - come on NSW!! :)