Numberonemusic.com is a scam

Status
Not open for further replies.

ParsonsMatt

Alas, Tyranny
Nov 15, 2006
Athens, GA
www.myspace.com
I happened upon a website called NUmberonemusic.com, claiming to be a promotions company. I signed up for the free trial, hey, why not? They let you upload songs and have a little form for you to put your email address into to sign up to the bands emailing list.

I got about 40 email sign ups in the past week.

This is kinda crazy, right? I didn't promote the site at all.

I wrote responses to each mailing list sign up and NONE of them responded. I added them to my bands mailing list either way and sent out a message to everyone about upcoming shows, tshirt, new demo in the works... etc.

Half of the new emails bounced back. None of them responded. I decide then that the site is bogus and a scam.

I investigate to make sure and find a thread on a forum called Ukbands.net which discusses whether or not the site is legit. Here is the link to the page on the thread where the guy discusses his experience and his 'proof' that the operation is a scam: http://www.ukbands.net/thread.php?page=6&id=12147&ignore=0

Avoid numberonemusic.com!

What the fuck did you expect from a site called "Number One Music"? Which offers you free promotion for no effort on your own part?

Status
Not open for further replies.