'Numbers From The Beast' All-Star Tribute Album

thraxx

You'll Be in Hell With ME
Nov 23, 2002
www.anthrax.com
On October 11, IRON MAIDEN fans the world over will have something new to get excited about as the newly re-launched Restless Records releases "Numbers from the Beast: An All Star Salute to Iron Maiden", a tribute to the legendary band. The album, which features MAIDEN's own Paul Di'Anno and marks Restless' return to its metal and punk roots, is produced by Grammy award winner and tribute album pioneer Bob Kulick (KISS, METALLICA, AEROSMITH), along with Brett Chassen, and features appearances from current or former members of IRON MAIDEN, KISS, AC/DC, MOTÖRHEAD, ANTHRAX, DIO, JUDAS PRIEST, TESTAMENT, TWISTED SISTER, EXTREME, WHITESNAKE, SLAUGHTER, HELMET, DOKKEN and many others.

"It's a fitting salute to an awesome band and may be the best tribute I've ever produced. I really like what we've done to these amazing songs, and more importantly, the band approves," says Kulick of the album.

"Numbers from the Beast" features 11 classic IRON MAIDEN tunes revamped in honor of the band's 25th anniversary. The final track listing is as follows:

01. Run to the Hills
02. Wasted Years
03. Wrathchild
04. Flight of Icarus
05. Fear of the Dark
06. The Trooper
07. Aces High
08. 2 Minutes to Midnight
09. Can I Play With Madness?
10. The Evil That Men Do
11. The Wickerman

The cover of every official IRON MAIDEN album has featured a zombie called "Eddie." Eddie has been painted by artist Derek Riggs for 20 years. "Numbers from the Beast" cover art was naturally painted by Riggs and is a must-have for any MAIDEN fan.

"Numbers from the Beast" marks the first release on the newly revamped Restless Records. William Hein, current president of Rykodisc and former head of Enigma Records, co-founded Restless in 1985 as a punk and metal sub-label of Enigma. Restless became a stand-alone label after Capitol-EMI acquired Enigma, and was subsequently acquired by Rykodisc in 2003. Now, back with a new sound and logo, Restless returns to its roots with the MAIDEN salute, as well as an upcoming reissue from California punk outfit 45 GRAVE.

i read a track listing that claims "jon bush" not "john" sings the wickerman

1 Run To The Hills - Robin McAuley
2 Wasted Years - Dee Snider
3 Wrathchild - Paul Dianno
4 Flight Of Icarus - Ripper Owens
5 Fear Of The Dark - Chuck Billy
6 The Trooper - Lemmy Kilmister
7 Aces High - Jeff Scott Soto
8 2 Minutes To Midnight - Joe Lynn Turner
9 Can I Play With Madness - Mark Slaughter
10 The Evil That Men Do - Chris Jerico
11 The Wickerman - Jon Bush

i can't link it. it's on
http://www.cd101.co.uk
select title and type "numbers of the beast"

I'm never crazy about "all-star" tributes because they often have no chemistry and play the song the same as how it was originally played, which is never comes close to the original. I'd rather they have whole bands putting their own sound/twist on the songs (like all of Anthrax, not two members of Anthrax along with members of 3 other bands).

One exception, they could make an all-star band by combining the singer from Armored Saint, along with the drummer and guitarist from SOD, with the new bassist from Helmet, and the guitarist from Boiler Room, and get them to cover Anthrax songs...now that would make for an all-star band! :headbang: :lol:

nafnikufesin said:
One exception, they could make an all-star band by combining the singer from Armored Saint, along with the drummer and guitarist from SOD, with the new bassist from Helmet, and the guitarist from Boiler Room, and get them to cover Anthrax songs...now that would make for an all-star band! :headbang: :lol:

Excellent idea! We'll call them Handsome Homer plus 4.