O Fortuna?

Draken

New Metal Member
Jan 20, 2008
Does anyone know if Zao ever covered O Fortuna? Or perhaps if anyone else covered it besides Therion?

I really hate it when metal bands cover overblown classical music pieces as if they were 'meant to be metal'. It just seems to me the epitome of everything that's retarded and cheesy about metal.

Therion have done some cool covers in their time, though. I was really blown away when I found out that "Summernight City" was originally an ABBA song. :lol:

Dead Raven Choir just released a black metal cover album of..... Country music.

Oh, thanks. I've searched the Net before, especially 'The Metal Observer,' to see if any other bands had covered it and found nothing. But the 'Observer' really only has articles on famous bands, so if Aion is not that well-known they won't have an entry.

As popular and easy as O Fortuna is, I'm sure it's been covered by countless bands. I ran a quick Wikipedia search because I've found lists of bands that covered other songs that I've looked up, but it didn't have anything to offer this time :(

doesn't work for me...do I need software? Windows media player opens it and plays it, but no sound...