O/T: Alice Cooper signs on to deejay

bRaTpRiNcEsS

Feb 4, 2002
Past the Point of Caring
Visit site
Alice Cooper signs on to deejay syndicated radio show

Larry RodgersThe Arizona Republic
Dec. 18, 2003 07:06 AM

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Arizona's most famous rocker, Alice Cooper, is signing on as the evening deejay for a syndicated show that will originate at Phoenix's KDKB-FM (93.3).

The 55-year-old Paradise Valley resident will host Nights With Alice Cooper starting Jan. 26.

"It'll be sort of an 'Alice's attic,' " Cooper said Wednesday. "The way to do it is to make this kind of rock and roll become theatrical on radio, the way I made it theatrical onstage. There will be ongoing stories and characters, but it will be wrapped up in classic rock."

At least six stations in the Midwest and New England will air the show, said KDKB's Joe Bonadonna: "When you have somebody who has lived it and knew the people involved and has stories to tell about it, that's when it becomes really interesting." [/font]

bRaTpRiNcEsS said:
[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]At least six stations in the Midwest and New England will air the show, said KDKB's Joe Bonadonna: "When you have somebody who has lived it and knew the people involved and has stories to tell about it, that's when it becomes really interesting." [/font]
Am I the only one who had to read that name twice?

bRaTpRiNcEsS said:
Alice Cooper signs on to deejay syndicated radio show

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Arizona's most famous rocker, Alice Cooper, ...
[/font]

AHEM!....born in Detroit. Listen to track seven on the new record!

MichiMikey said:
AHEM!....born in Detroit. Listen to track seven on the new record!
Yeah, I knew he was from Michigan. Anyway outside of this gig does he basically just play golf in the desert. I hope thow is good for everyone who will be able to listen to it.

Yeah, he plays a lot of golf tournaments and such. I hear he spends a lot of mornings at Cooper'stown, but I've only been there at night before Coyotes games. My mom met him at McDonald's a few months ago. He was with his kid on his way to the Phoenix Open or something.

The Kings were our "home team" back before the Coyotes got here. They used to show their games as often as we get Coyotes games now. It ruled because I would get home at midnight, and ESPN would replay their games at 1 a.m. Once the Coyotes got here, though, it was like the Kings never existed.

I guess what really pisses me off about the new jerseys is that I paid $90-120 each for the three (old) replicas that I have (without names on them) and I saw an ad the other day for replicas at Albertson's, $29.99. So I guess I'm bitter.