O/T: Echoterra (symphonic metal): All The Lies video

SeaStorm

Jun 24, 2004
Minnesota, USA
I noted in the "guilty pleasures" thread that there were a surprising number of power/prog/symphonic metal fans here in the Anthrax forum. I think those people would find this female-fronted symphonic band enjoyable.

These guys (and gal) are friends of mine and I helped on the video shoot. Check 'em out.

Echoterra is:

Melissa Ferlaak on vocals (ex-VISIONS OF ATLANTIS)
Jonah W on keys and orchestration (PYRAMAZE, STRUCTURE OF INHUMANITY)
Yan Leviathan on guitars (AVIAN)
Adam Sagan on drums (ex-INTO ETERNITY)

Their second album Land Of The Midnight Sun will be released Oct 17. Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
This is way too pop-ish for me man.

I'm a big symph-black metal fan, but I don't recall such bands making too regular appearances on the guilty 'pleasures list' (and why would they be mentioned in such a list?).. I did see that most people here actually listen to Dido, Madonna, Justin Timerlake, Christina, Shania Twain, Hannah Montana, etc. - seriously.

Have you heard of Abigail Williams? The 1st album is a great symph/melodic black metal disc.

I appreciate you guys taking a look!

Have you heard of Abigail Williams? The 1st album is a great symph/melodic black metal disc.

My problem is that I need clean vocals (or at least 75% clean). Try as I might, I just can't enjoy either black or death metal vocals. I have heard of Abigail Williams many times - a lot of my friends are into black metal. I just listened to a few songs online right now. I have to admit the music is *excellent*, but I just can't get past the vocals. Funny though, I see the name refers to one of the Salem witchtrial accusers. I always assumed (I don’t know why) it was a reference to King Diamond's Abigail :p

KingDiamond-Abigail-796970.jpg

I gave them a view because you're a good poster

Damn, that makes me feel good to hear. I appreciate it :headbang:

Feeling the Anthrax family love.....nice.

I may need to go back to that "guilty pleasures" thread and see who those handful of people were who said they liked power/prog/symphonic metal. I expect 90% of this crowd not to like this, but wanted to hit those already predisposed!

Awesome Sic fuckin song:

Turn up the volume.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjQHHK6d-Sk"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjQHHK6d-Sk[/ame]