Votes: 7 28.0%
  • sorry, who is it?

Votes: 1 4.0%

• Total voters

johnnieCzech

Your favourite Czech
Feb 5, 2002
Prague
I just heard Use Your Illusion yesterday and it makes me think of GNR. Do you think their new album will

suck

rule

there won´t be any

I don´t give two fucks about them

sorry, who is that?

Wasn't "Chinese Democracy" supposed to come out 2 years ago? I think Axl may have OD'ed somewhere and they just haven't found the body yet. :)

Seriously, if Axl ever gets off his ass and records something, it will kick ass. Sure, "Oh My God" sounded like a cheap GNR rip-off, but then again "You Could Be Mine" was nothing compared to what the rest of Use Your Illusion was. Axl made the band, not Slash.

That's not to say that Slash wasn't a great guitarist, he was, but it was Axl that gave the band it's unique sound. Slash's Snakepit's "It's Five O'clock Somewhere" was a wasted purchase, such that I haven't been bothered to buy the second one, and judging from the crap I heard on-stage when they opened for AC/DC on the Stiff Upper Lip tour, it was money well saved. The only decent song they played throughout the entire set was Mr. Brownstone, and whatever the moronic singer's name was, he was no match for Axl.

Is Buckethead still GNR's guitarist?? They cannot be a hard rock band with that psycho in there... I mean he is good but totally not a hard rock guitarist but more of a shredder which to me is not what should a GNR guitarist sound like... Zakk Wylde could be a good choice for a GNR guitarist ! :headbang:

GNR went down when the pussy Rose refused to go on stage in Montreal after Hetfield got burned in '93 (??) From then on GNR were just terrible...and don't tell me that the Spaghetti Crap album they released was good because it wasn't.

I sure hope that Slash comes back (which I doubt) and they release a killer record because they have been a huge band in the 80's...

Peace

Wasn't "Chinese Democracy" supposed to come out 2 years ago? I think Axl may have OD'ed somewhere and they just haven't found the body yet.
Seriously, if Axl ever gets off his ass and records something, it will kick ass. Sure, "Oh My God" sounded like a cheap GNR rip-off, but then again "You Could Be Mine" was nothing compared to what the rest of Use Your Illusion was. Axl made the band, not Slash.

Chinese Democracy has been done forever supposedlly. I dont know what the hell Axel is waiting on but its finished.

Is Buckethead still GNR's guitarist?? They cannot be a hard rock band with that psycho in there... I mean he is good but totally not a hard rock guitarist but more of a shredder which to me is not what should a GNR guitarist sound like...

Buckethead is still there. Have you listened to the Rock In Rio concert? He can definitly play anything Slash ever played. Slash is a great guitarist but he never really gets out of his "box" of ability. Slash's Snakepit sucks mucho ass.

Originally posted by blakmetalemp
There will be another album. Chinese Democracy is the title and was supposed to be released June 2001 but it has been delayed. Chinese Democracy should be released in the second half of 2002.

They have been saying exactly THIS about, three or four years, maybe more.

...they forgot already. Axl has had his mouth full of new album since Paul Huge joined the band, and it´s kinda ages.