o/t: Is Jackie Chan Cheating????

ThraxDude

Feb 2, 2002
I remember seeing Jackie Chan on David Letterman years ago, and he was saying how Hollywood was using CGI more and more in movies, and how what he does is real, blah, blah, blah...
BUT I just saw the trailer for The Medallion and.......I think Jackie Chan's cheating! (CGI)

It's nothing against Jackie Chan.
It's just that Jackie was saying, basically, "I hate how fake Hollywood is."
...Kind of like how that one band Metallica (you may have heard of them) used to talk shit about music videos......................(If you're half as old as me, you know what I'm talking about.)

Okay, so maybe it's sort of against Jackie Chan.
But I do love the dude's non-CGI-stunts!

I totally agree, the last Jackie movie I saw in the theater was The Legend Of Drunken Master. After that, he started using all those wires and stuff just like they do in Charlie's Angels. Anyone can do that (I mean look at Drew Barrymore). The appeal of Jackie was that he did his own stunts and fights and now that's history I guess. If he can't do it anymore, he shouldn't fake it, he's just becoming a hypocrite.

Nowadays Yuckie mostly sits in one of his milliondollar flats and farts all day long, once in a while he does some crapy movie to get some more dough. Guess he´s become a Hollywood-ho.

Getting sick of the, let's team up a rapper with a karate guy for some bad ass movies. Seagel (forgot how to spell his name), Jet Li are doing it all the time now. I thought Jet Li was cool as hell in Lethal Weapon 4. But now...damn...Cradle to Grave sucked.

I heard a good comment about Jackie Chan, "if Jackie Chan could go to every movie theater and get every single person popcorn while watching his movie so they would enjoy it, he would. He does everything he can to make it enjoyable, but it shows through too easily sometimes." I think that's there way of saying, STOP MAKING MOVIES!
I like him in some of his older movies, not the way old ones, but one's like Supercop, First Strike, uh...Mr. Nice Guy, Operation Condor.

Riehlthing said:
Getting sick of the, let's team up a rapper with a karate guy for some bad ass movies. Seagel (forgot how to spell his name), Jet Li are doing it all the time now. I thought Jet Li was cool as hell in Lethal Weapon 4. But now...damn...Cradle to Grave sucked.

It's not the rappers fault the movies suck, they're just bad movies.

Jackie Chan in 7 months turns 50 years old. FIFTY, look around at the 50 year olds you know. Jackie is not a spring chicken anymore. Hes gotta have some help. If you want to see the stuff without the wires and stuntmen thats cool all the movies are still there. But Jackie is cool. He just seems so nice in interviews, I can't help but like him and I'll still check out this new flick hes in.