O/T Livemetallica.com

lupe_m

May 15, 2003
Brownsville, TX
gmezajr.freehostia.com
Has anyone checked this page out? It has recent Metallica shows for download. They are soundboard quality. The only thing is that you have to pay for it. You can download them as MP3 at 128kbs or FLAC files. If you download them as MP3 the cost is $9.95 and $12.95 for FLAC. I downloaded one show in FLAC. The sound was pretty good. But I think $12.95 is too expensive for a soundboard quality show.

I got the show where they played "Dyer's Eve" for the first time. I agree the price is a little high. I compare it to Pearl Jam. I don't listen to PJ, but I have seen in stores they sell 2 CD live sets for $14.99. That's just two bucks more and you get silver CDs and a cardboard case. (Cardboard cases are shitty unless you don't have to slide the CDs in, but it's still something.) The sound on the Metallica releases is ok, but not up to the quality of a live release. Not that I was expecting it to be, either, with the 48 hour turnaround. I'm glad they're selling them in flac and not just mp3. However, I'm not a huge Metallica fan so I doubt I'll be buying anymore shows.

NP: Black Sabbath - Paris 1970