O/T: Pink Floyd

dailyvault

35 and counting...
May 2, 2005
Gurnee, IL
This one's for MyHatred - just saw this on Yahoo! Music news...

There are reports that Pink Floyd may get back together to do one show in tribute to their former bandmate Syd Barrett. It would just be a one-off deal, as the story confirms the report that David Gilmour has no desire to work as Pink Floyd, but they want to give ol' Syd a proper send-off.

I am sure he will pick Michigan as the place for this "one off" too:lol: I hope it will be within driving distance. I would drive about 10 hours but I'm not sure that I would go any further than that. I might even buy a plane ticket if it doesn't happen right away and can save up the cash.

I love the RCMH recording you sent me:headbang: . That is definitely a great recording and I was actually listening to it last night.

You guys are hilarious... It's like those Floyd people got nothing else to do than going to Michigan or Scotland, or any other place, as the matter of fact. They're perfectly aware that Coney Island section of Brooklyn will surely provide great environment for such an extroordinary event...

everyone knows it's going to be in my back yard on the pool deck

but yeah, I've said before that it wouldn't surprise me if they did another one-off show due to Syd's passing

just don't expect to hear Money or Time... they'll probably play pretty much all Syd tunes or Syd-era Pink Floyd tunes, possibly with Wish You Were Here, and close with Shine On You Crazy Diamond... that's right, you heard it here first folks :p

THEBALDGUYFROMBLACKLODGEVIDEO said:
You guys are hilarious... It's like those Floyd people got nothing else to do than going to Michigan or Scotland, or any other place, as the matter of fact. They're perfectly aware that Coney Island section of Brooklyn will surely provide great environment for such an extroordinary event...

I'm going to call Gilmour and tell him that THEBALDGUYFROMBLACKLODGEVIDEO doesn't want the gig to be in the Coney Island section of Brooklyn but in Lansing, Michigan instead. He'll listen to me. I'm serious:lol:

Floyd actually did play in Spartan Stadium once but I was only 13 and my dad wouldn't let me go because of all the "dopers and acid heads" that were going to be at the show. I told him that DarbysDad wasn't going to be at the show but he still wouldn't let me go:erk: .

well I know you guys are joking but... yeah... no way in hell this show is going to be in the US :lol:

House of Seance said:
everyone knows it's going to be in my back yard on the pool deck

but yeah, I've said before that it wouldn't surprise me if they did another one-off show due to Syd's passing

just don't expect to hear Money or Time... they'll probably play pretty much all Syd tunes or Syd-era Pink Floyd tunes, possibly with Wish You Were Here, and close with Shine On You Crazy Diamond... that's right, you heard it here first folks :p

"Come in here, dear boy, have a cigar.
You're gonna go far, fly high,
You're never gonna die, you're gonna make it if you try;they're gonna love you..."

the gig will be in nashville TN with a guest apperance from tim mcgraw and faith hill singing a touching rendition of "Several Species Of Small Furry Animals Gathered Together In A Cave And Grooving With A Pict" the only other 2 songs that will be played will be a 70 minute version of "arnold layne" and "high hopes" in which roger waters will be replaced on bass by robert trujillo who will once again bring the wrong bass on stage with him.

you heard it here first :loco:

No, no, no, you're all wrong! It was Mrs. Peacock, in the kitchen, with the candlestick...wait a minute...they're gonna play in Chicago!o_O