O/T Rant - Xbox 360 (M$ BA$TARD$)

Carcassian

Utopian Blaster
Oct 6, 2005
The Fens
Gaaaaaaaaaaah!

Mrs Carcassian said she'd preordered me one for my early christmas pressie. Turns out she hasnt (oops, I meant to :|).

Now can I get one?

No.

Why not make enough numbers to go round ? A: Because they're either

a) a bunch of fucking greedy cunts

b) incompetent cunts

or probably

c) both.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAArrrrggghhhh...

Oh fuck it, at least I'e got a good pro evo 5 campaign at the moment on the xbox1 to see me through...

Sorry, all of a sudden, I feel a little bit better...

People have gone fucking nuts over this stupid new console, from paying thousands of dollars on ebay for them to a guy that followed a woman home from a store threatening to kill her if she didnt give him her xbox 360 console. Some people are real fucktards and have more money than sense. Not to mention the fact that a second shipment of them will be available before xmas.

fuelee2004 said:
People have gone fucking nuts over this stupid new console, from paying thousands of dollars on ebay for them to a guy that followed a woman home from a store threatening to kill her if she didnt give him her xbox 360 console. Some people are real fucktards and have more money than sense. Not to mention the fact that a second shipment of them will be available before xmas.

I'm no killer or robber, but you'd best add me to the "fucktards" list...

ThraxDude said:
NEVER buy new consoles around their launch.
Here's why:
http://1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3145847

News:Xbox 360 Crashes, Defects Reported
If true, there will be lots of sad gamers this weekend.
by Jane Pinckard, 11/23/2005 589 of 643 users recommend this story.
So, the Xbox 360 launch was a success, right? Turns out the jury is still out - and early reports the morning after are not pretty. From unconfirmed rumors of near-riots as employees apparently hoarded Xbox 360 systems in front of waiting customers, to numbers of pre-orders that went unfulfilled, some are saying Microsoft mishandled the launch.
But those who actually got the system in hand are breathing easy and living it up, right?
Some of them are. But others are posting a plethoral of problems with their brand-new 360s, from game crashes to hard drives that simply don't work.
One reasonable gamer lays it out like this: "Between my friends and I, we bought 6 machines at the Zero Hour event. Of the 6, my machine has a dead hard drive, another machine is working but is rather flaky (seen some strange behavior - the drive may also be scratching discs, as my friend's copy of Condemned is now unplayably scratched, but we don't know if the drive caused it - the machine has also had problems booting games and being turned off...), one seems to be good, and I haven't heard yet about the status of the other three."
Is there enough evidence to shout "recall"? While there are plenty of stories in the games press and blogging scene this morning, many of them seem centered on one fellow's experience - a poster called "Jsgongwon" on the Xbox-Scene forums who included pictures of his crash, which apparently happened repeatedly during Project Gotham Racing 3. "So far haven't been able to play one track without crashing... also got this crashing on Xbox Live screen and on startup too..." he writes.
Another fellow on the same message board reports that his 360 "just turned off" during Perfect Dark Zero.
And some stories seem - well, not to be unduly harsh, but they seem a bit shady. One poster, for example, claimed she had exchanged her 360 because of a defect and the same thing happened. Other posters wondered how on earth she found another 360 in the same area to trade her old one for. I'm not calling her a liar, understand, but merely pointing out it's easy to make stuff up on the internet.
But that there are some systems experiencing real problems is not in doubt. Even here in our offices we have had some incidents with retail units. One of them overheated and crashed during Project Gotham Racing 3, though not as spectacularly as Jsgongwon's experience. Dan "Shoe" Hsu also reported that a very strange echo effect happened during Xbox Live play of Perfect Dark Zero - sometimes a word said over chat would endlessly repeat in a strange echo effect over and over in the headphones. Some kind of bizarre feedback loop?
Just how widespread is the scope of 360 problems, though? It's a little too early to call whether these problems are systemic or isolated bugs. Consumers have to spend a little more time with the machines and we do, too, testing out various games and Xbox Live experiences. We also need to divide the hardware problems from the software bugs. Microsoft has been alerted to these issues and are currently investigating. We should have a statement from them shortly. In the meantime, if you do have a 360, treat it as you would a gaming PC, which is essentially what it is. Don't leave it on all night long to idle, don't wrap it in a blanket, don't stick it anywhere it won't get enough ventilation. Just in case. Stay tuned as we follow up on this developing story.

I still can't get my hands on one.
But when the time comes... yeah, I might knock over a few ladies and step on a few kids to get one.

DumbAss said:
I still can't get my hands on one.
But when the time comes... yeah, I might knock over a few ladies and step on a few kids to get one.

hhahahahaha right on brutha! Move out of the way, public!

Carcassian said:
Gaaaaaaaaaaah!

Mrs Carcassian said she'd preordered me one for my early christmas pressie. Turns out she hasnt (oops, I meant to :|).

Now can I get one?

No.

Why not make enough numbers to go round ? A: Because they're either

a) a bunch of fucking greedy cunts

b) incompetent cunts

or probably

c) both.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAArrrrggghhhh...

Oh fuck it, at least I'e got a good pro evo 5 campaign at the moment on the xbox1 to see me through...

Sorry, all of a sudden, I feel a little bit better...
If that article is true, I reckon you should go buy a lottery ticket.

yeah man i want a 360 but waiting at least a year

the game support isnever there on luanch, plus when ps3 comes out ina fe wmonths, microsoft will slash the pirce of it........

in my old age i have learnt the art of patience

My original XBox crashes all the time, and I didn't buy it anywhere near launch...I think it's simply Microsoft being Microsoft. They don't have enough in stock, and won't have enough produced until Spring 2006...so why put it out now? Because if they wait until spring 2006, then it comes out at the same time as PS3 (which will have enough product on the shelves come launch day), so people will be able to directly compare how inferior the 360 is.

Carcassian said:
Obviously you were looking forward to this and now seem a bit dissapointed. To get a new xbox for christmas having these sort of problems would of fucked up your day. Maybe it was luck? Just a figure of speech. Anyway, hope you get one for xmas.